Home & Garden

Does Costco Washer / Dryer installation come with parts?

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 10:32 am
[OP]
Member
May 10, 2017
304 posts
182 upvotes

Does Costco Washer / Dryer installation come with parts?

I ordered LG washer & dryer and it will be delivered to my place in a week.
I was wondering if I need to go out and buy parts for washer and dryer (like vents) for installation?
I heard that installers bring parts for washer to be installed, but I'm not sure about dryer.
Anybody who previously ordered from Costco washer/dryer have an insight into this?
Thanks
Donate to your local food bank today!
15 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35596 posts
9645 upvotes
Ottawa
The delivery people will only deliver and may not even hook it up. They are not "installers". They may not have the liability for that.
I certainly hope you have venting built into your house for the dryer. Otherwise it could cost a lot extra.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
2174 posts
819 upvotes
Edmonton
With the white glove delivery service:
They will hook it up, they bring the hoses for the washer.
They won’t install venting. It has to be existing, they will hook it up.

They will remove the old units.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15121 posts
12202 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
These days...
If you order a Washer (or Dishwasher)
They don’t come with hoses
You have to buy a kit
So as to do a DIY Install, or hire someone to do it for you

Washer Kit = https://www.lowes.ca/product/washer-par ... -330656556

Dishwasher Kit = https://www.lowes.ca/product/plumbing-i ... ipe-125371

Dryers haven’t come with exhaust hoses for eons (decades ? )

Dryer Kit = https://www.lowes.ca/product/dryer-part ... kit-325782

Stay away from plastic accordian dryer hoses (fire hazard * )
And the metal / foil ones (shown here) are only a bit better
Rigid piping is best, and what most new builds have now ... along with exit vents up the wall vs near the floor

* Best advice ... no matter what type of dryer venting you have ... vacuum your dryer hoses & venting (inside & out ) AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2009
4531 posts
1067 upvotes
DirtPoor wrote: I ordered LG washer & dryer and it will be delivered to my place in a week.
I was wondering if I need to go out and buy parts for washer and dryer (like vents) for installation?
I heard that installers bring parts for washer to be installed, but I'm not sure about dryer.
Anybody who previously ordered from Costco washer/dryer have an insight into this?
Thanks
Want the most definitive answer...call Costco.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5323 posts
3593 upvotes
Calling Costco is useless.

Bought a LG laundry set few months ago at Costco.ca. called Costco, they said no, washer hoses are not included. Their page says it is included. I asked the delivery men, and they handed me 2 X 5 or 6 FT stainless steel braided hoses for free. They did not hooked the appliances, but it is an easy DYI of a few minutes for both.

For the dryer, hose to hook to hot water supply for steam feature were included with the appliance, not provided by Costco
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 15, 2001
3091 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto
From experience.

Costco "white glove service" is YMMV. It's dependent on the contractor assigned to you.

I believe there's a few different contractors per region. Some will follow Costco's instruction, while others won't.

I had a bad experience where I had to remind them, what they are responsible for. The delivery driver got angry, said Costco never gave them those instructions and started bad mouthing them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5562 posts
1193 upvotes
they come with no parts

be wary of costco delivery -- they use a shit company called Metro 2 Home.
I have never ever had such poor service from any company in my life.
a) the delivery guys did not wear masks
b) the delivery guys damaged the appliance
c) the delivery guys actually delivered the wrong appliance and i did not realize for a few days (i ordered the induction range and a non induction model was delivered)

i could go on and on. basically costco is amazing
but whatever company costco is using is dogshit. i am not sure how costco lets this continue.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2544 posts
399 upvotes
milolai wrote: they come with no parts

be wary of costco delivery -- they use a shit company called Metro 2 Home.
I have never ever had such poor service from any company in my life.
a) the delivery guys did not wear masks
b) the delivery guys damaged the appliance
c) the delivery guys actually delivered the wrong appliance and i did not realize for a few days (i ordered the induction range and a non induction model was delivered)

i could go on and on. basically costco is amazing
but whatever company costco is using is dogshit. i am not sure how costco lets this continue.
OMG, I bought a GE gas range, they deliver an induction range to my house, they only realize their mistakes when they unload the range on my driveway. mess up my gas fitter from installing range (because i setup appointment already)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2937 posts
1935 upvotes
Toronto
Go get a set of stainless steel braided supply lines for the hot and cold water.

Throw the ones that come with the washing machine in the trash (or better send them to Value Village or use them outside if you need some really short hoses for something).

Is there an existing dryer and vent already in place? Replacing one?

You should know the specifications of the dryer you chose and purchased, and if it matches the vent size you have today. Get the necessary duct work to connect dryer to vent. Worst case if they arrive with good material and use it, you can return what you purchased.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 16, 2008
7788 posts
2528 upvotes
Maple
Make no sense, they come with parts. The most they do is bring in and connect it to the electrical outlet. They are not installer. That is extra service, extra pay.

People pay for appliances, the parts are always cost extra to buy separately.

Best is to call Costco and verify.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4015 posts
1172 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
my brother in law ordered a new washer and dryer from costco, the sales guy said they do not come with hoses so he ordered a set of stainless steel braided ones, and when the washer was delivered, he opened the washer door, and what do you know, a set of hoses were in there, the driver then told him well ,those are extra ones since you ordered some already. and my brother in law was like "why did i even need to order these?" rofl, so they always try to upsell you and trick you, use your head first and check

secondly, we were able to install the washer our self,the driver said he is not an installer he just delivers it, and it was actually quite simple we put the blue hose to the cold, the red hose to the hot ,and the drain to the drain pipe and voila, it worked.
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5323 posts
3593 upvotes
teoconca wrote: Make no sense, they come with parts. The most they do is bring in and connect it to the electrical outlet. They are not installer. That is extra service, extra pay.

People pay for appliances, the parts are always cost extra to buy separately.

Best is to call Costco and verify.
Curious that nobody read what I experienced....

Here's a screenshot of Costco washers and dryers page

Image
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
11015 posts
7366 upvotes
GTA, ON
DoorCrasher wrote: For the dryer, hose to hook to hot water supply for steam feature were included with the appliance, not provided by Costco
I believe the instructions clearly state for dryer steam function to hook it up to COLD water line, not hot?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5323 posts
3593 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I believe the instructions clearly state for dryer steam function to hook it up to COLD water line, not hot?
You stand correct, my bad. I definitely hooked it up to the cold water tap, as per the instructions. Thanks for the correction Thumbs Up Sign

Top