Automotive

Does Dodge Caravan have oil change indicator?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2017 10:19 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON

Does Dodge Caravan have oil change indicator?

I have the Dodge Caravan CVP with 5k+ KM and no oil change indication. As per the manual, it mention an indicator light for oil change.

Can anyone confirm this information?

Thank You,
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4235 posts
880 upvotes
Ottawa
Most vehicles today only show the indicator after 8000km or more. Apparently your Caravan can go 13,000km between changes, based on a quick google search. The oil change indicator is duty cycle based, not mileage based. Read your owner's manual!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
Modern Dodge vehicles, the oil change service reminder will show up on the dash screen between your 2 gauges(speedo and tach).

Edit: I just realized the CVP doesn't have this screen. I'll have the much older reminder and simply say "CHANGE OIL" after starting it where the odometer is.
- Jegan V
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
MacGyver wrote: Most vehicles today only show the indicator after 8000km or more. Apparently your Caravan can go 13,000km between changes, based on a quick google search. The oil change indicator is duty cycle based, not mileage based. Read your owner's manual!
JeganV wrote: Modern Dodge vehicles, the oil change service reminder will show up on the dash screen between your 2 gauges(speedo and tach).

Edit: I just realized the CVP doesn't have this screen. I'll have the much older reminder and simply say "CHANGE OIL" after starting it where the odometer is.
Thank you,