• Apr 23rd, 2020 7:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1953 posts
468 upvotes
In Hiding

Does Dollarama do home delivery?

Or only to a pickup point? I desperately need cleaning supplies for home and kitchen and can't get out to buy them. e.g. Static matic which is so much cheaper than Swiffer refills and gloves. Seems to be a flat rate of $9.99 which isn't bad depending on what's ordered. Can't find anywhere on their site if there's free shipping above a certain amount bought. Anyone tried this and what was your experience?

Also are their stores well stocked? Hard to think I won't be brushing past someone in the narrow aisles though.

** Just found out during checkout that they use Canada Post which won't deliver to my condo - oh well, will keep getting paying more at Amazon, sigh Crying Face
Last edited by Catnippy on Apr 23rd, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
716 upvotes
They don't have free shipping. Online you can only order a case of each product so unless you need a lot it wont be worth it. The pick up option ships the order to a UPS access point, not to a Dollarama store.

Dollarama stores are busy and pretty picked over where I am (Alberta). I've been to a couple Dollar Trees in the past few weeks and they have been fully stocked if that is an option for you.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19905 posts
5276 upvotes
Off the 404
All my local Dollarama have line ups, they also have green painters taped arrows on the ground but it is not very obvious. No one really follows it. I didn't even notice it until my GF told me. It's not too busy but cleaning products are low, and no hand soap.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2606 posts
1294 upvotes
B.C.
Catnippy wrote: Or only to a pickup point? I desperately need cleaning supplies for home and kitchen and can't get out to buy them. e.g. Static matic which is so much cheaper than Swiffer refills and gloves. Seems to be a flat rate of $9.99 which isn't bad depending on what's ordered. Can't find anywhere on their site if there's free shipping above a certain amount bought. Anyone tried this and what was your experience?

Also are their stores well stocked? Hard to think I won't be brushing past someone in the narrow aisles though.

** Just found out during checkout that they use Canada Post which won't deliver to my condo - oh well, will keep getting paying more at Amazon, sigh Crying Face
Why won't Canada Post deliver to your condo?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1953 posts
468 upvotes
In Hiding
lennyandcarl wrote: Why won't Canada Post deliver to your condo?
Just lazy - they just leave a card and never buzz me. I get deliveries ok from Fedex, Purolator, UPS and Amazon. I just don't have the energy right now to call again to complain (did that 3 times already) and I'm always at home.
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
716 upvotes
Catnippy wrote: Just lazy - they just leave a card and never buzz me. I get deliveries ok from Fedex, Purolator, UPS and Amazon. I just don't have the energy right now to call again to complain (did that 3 times already) and I'm always at home.
For small orders I think UPS is the default shipping option if you pay the $9.99 flat rate fee but you should contact them to confirm if that's the deciding factor.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2606 posts
1294 upvotes
B.C.
Catnippy wrote: Just lazy - they just leave a card and never buzz me. I get deliveries ok from Fedex, Purolator, UPS and Amazon. I just don't have the energy right now to call again to complain (did that 3 times already) and I'm always at home.
Has that changed since the 'rona started?

Our guy will drop off packages at our door when he used to just drop a card.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1953 posts
468 upvotes
In Hiding
Have now ordered for pickup from UPS location - will take a chance that it's not a huge lineup! Better than the post office in the pharmacy. Order just under $200 as I'll need cleaning supplies forever anyway, and bleach, handsoap and original Pinesol is available.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2411 posts
2026 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
fremmy wrote: They don't have free shipping. Online you can only order a case of each product so unless you need a lot it wont be worth it. The pick up option ships the order to a UPS access point, not to a Dollarama store.

Dollarama stores are busy and pretty picked over where I am (Alberta). I've been to a couple Dollar Trees in the past few weeks and they have been fully stocked if that is an option for you.
And the right Dollar Tree is usually better than the standard Dollarama.
DUCA credit union member