• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2022 10:13 pm
12 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Realize this is quote old, but I've got a really narrow set of stairs that a normal sofa can't really fit up.. I'm also looking at these same two sofas since they're modular.

I know the Cozey Sofa has never gone on sale and they don't do sales, but I see Endy sales all the time. They usually are targeted for the mattress, but I assume some of them have worked on the Sofa as well.

Did you ever end up buying either of these?
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Realize this is quote old, but I've got a really narrow set of stairs that a normal sofa can't really fit up.. I'm also looking at these same two sofas since they're modular.

I know the Cozey Sofa has never gone on sale and they don't do sales, but I see Endy sales all the time. They usually are targeted for the mattress, but I assume some of them have worked on the Sofa as well.

Did you ever end up buying either of these?
I got the Cozey because the Endy increased in price from $995 to $1200!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
darkwata wrote: I got the Cozey because the Endy increased in price from $995 to $1200!
Thanks! Yes, I saw it was $1200, but just assumed it was usually that price. How is the Cozey? Is it comparable quality to a normal sofa?
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Thanks! Yes, I saw it was $1200, but just assumed it was usually that price. How is the Cozey? Is it comparable quality to a normal sofa?

My Cozey sofa comes next week I'll let you know!
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Thanks! Yes, I saw it was $1200, but just assumed it was usually that price. How is the Cozey? Is it comparable quality to a normal sofa?
I just got the sofa yesterday. It's really great. Seems well built and doesn't make any creaking noise. The fabric feels like it's going to last a long time. However the fabric isn't super soft but I don't really mind. It's pretty firm but in a very supportive way. The back is softer. I'm happy with my purchase!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
darkwata wrote: I just got the sofa yesterday. It's really great. Seems well built and doesn't make any creaking noise. The fabric feels like it's going to last a long time. However the fabric isn't super soft but I don't really mind. It's pretty firm but in a very supportive way. The back is softer. I'm happy with my purchase!
Thanks for the update, glad you're enjoying the sofa. I decided to purchase a few hours ago and mine has shipped via Purolator already. My only concern is that the Purolator page says the weight is 478 kg. I think they made mine out of carved stone.
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Thanks for the update, glad you're enjoying the sofa. I decided to purchase a few hours ago and mine has shipped via Purolator already. My only concern is that the Purolator page says the weight is 478 kg. I think they made mine out of carved stone.
Yeah each box is quite heavy. I had to carry them up to my apartment by myself and my back hurt afterwards. I recommend asking the delivery guy to help carry it. In the end, its worth it though but try to get someone to help you carry the boxes up.
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
176 upvotes
How do you guys feel avout your cozey sofas now?
Would appreciate a recent review that isnt from cozeys website!!
Looking to make a purchase this week in the sectional!
@charkav
@RandomSanity
@darkwata

Anyone else who may have purchased?
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
crazychick wrote: How do you guys feel avout your cozey sofas now?
@charkav
@RandomSanity
@darkwata

It's a great purchase. I like how firm the sofa continues to be. I've had it for 4 months now. My friends have bought the sofa after sitting on mine. It's great to nap on and continues to be a good price. All the other sofas have either risen in price or they have shipping delays. I prefer cozey because they don't have these issues.

My only issue was the assembly. It was a bit of a pain to assemble. Not as easy as they make it look.

I also got the light grey version and it shows that its a bit dirty if you don't vacuum it / clean it often. I kind of wish I got a darker colour.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
crazychick wrote: How do you guys feel avout your cozey sofas now?
@charkav
@RandomSanity
@darkwata

I'm a pretty critical person and I'm bad at reviewing things but here are my thoughts:

I really liked how easy it was to get upstairs. That was a big selling point for me because we moved into a new house with some very awkward and narrow stairs. The professional movers we hired had a lot of trouble getting our mattress and a chair up them and I didn't even want to try getting a normal sofa up there by myself. I carried the Cozey sofa upstairs by myself without any issues, there are quite a few boxes, but they're not particularly heavy.

Regarding the sofa itself.. it's OK. It's fairly dense foam that isn't particularly comfortable. After a few months the cushions noticeably tilt towards one side because I have poor posture and sit like a moron, surrounded by cats.

Overall, it feels like a decent budget sofa that you would buy at Ikea. Not terribly impressed with the quality or comfort, but it was great for the purpose we bought it for and it would have been difficult to find something better at that price point.

As crazychick mentioned, assembly was a bit awkward. You have to lift and drop some metal brackets into each other and they don't feel particularly secure even after you connect the hooks at the bottom. I'm sure this would be much easier with a second person, but it took me longer than it should have on my own because the sofa would slide around without a second person to hold it steady.

For some reason they also store the legs inside the bottom of the sofa. You have to open up a zipper and they're taped to the inside. Of course I didn't realize this until afterwards so I had to take part of this apart again to gain access and effectively did that part twice lol

I also felt a bit guilty about the amount of packaging that comes with this thing. A lot of it had to go into the garbage, though I hope the cardboard gets recycled. I had to drop it off myself, as our township won't take boxes that large with the regular recycling pickup.
Oct 10, 2019
38 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
We placed an order for the Cielo line. Considerably more expensive than their original line. It's been delayed and looks like it won't be delivered for a few more weeks. We originally bought this line because of the reviews and the speed of shipping. One strike already on the shipping.

Does anyone have experience with the quality of the new line? Our order is $5k and I'm starting to question if we've made the right choice with Cozey

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)