Computers & Electronics

Does Google pay also give you the extended warranty since it's connected to the credit card ?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2020 12:54 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North

Does Google pay also give you the extended warranty since it's connected to the credit card ?

I was going to set up Google pay on my phone and watch. If Google Play does not offer extended warranty from the credit card then while it's okay for your basic grocery shopping, it's a deal breaker for big purchases.

Does Google pay also extend to other things like cash back on a credit card or points to your travel card ?

Thanks.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Using Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay is essentially an extension of using the card itself. There is no difference when it comes to warranty, rewards, etc. I use Google Pay on my phone on a daily basis. Cash back is calculated just the same.

That being said, it's generally not accepted for purchases larger than $100 or $200... whatever the regular tap limit is for the physical card itself.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1782 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
Google Pay is the payment facilitation system, not the payment method. It's still your card that being used for the actual payment. Unless you're loading funds into your Google Wallet and using those funds for the payments, then you won't be covered as the card transaction was purely the payment to Google.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
Thanked for both !

I wasn't aware there was a purchase amount limit.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1318 posts
1145 upvotes
tkl wrote: Thanked for both !

I wasn't aware there was a purchase amount limit.
Really there shouldn't be as mobile devices support the consumer device verification method (which tells the terminal that it's a device and not a card) to allow high value payments but for some reason Canadian merchant terminal providers have been really slow to update terminals to recognise it. In Europe they managed to do it in a year or two (depending on the country) but here we are several years later with many terminals still not updated in Canada.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
CanadianSpruce wrote: Really there shouldn't be as mobile devices support the consumer device verification method (which tells the terminal that it's a device and not a card) to allow high value payments but for some reason Canadian merchant terminal providers have been really slow to update terminals to recognise it. In Europe they managed to do it in a year or two (depending on the country) but here we are several years later with many terminals still not updated in Canada.
Not to mention no banks here have even looked at Garmin Pay, by the looks of it :(
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
So I just had it set up .

Do people usually set a lock on their watch for this ?

Thanks
Heatware 3-0
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
I had used GP for over $350 one time and was OK. That amount probably won't work for a physical card which I have to punch in the code.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)