Real Estate

Does having quality neighbours impact/delay moving decisions?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 1:15 pm
[OP]
Sep 11, 2017
528 posts
383 upvotes

Does having quality neighbours impact/delay moving decisions?

Has anyone here ever delayed selling/moving homes because their next door neighbours were so fantastic, helpful, trustworthy, (insert adjective). We know bad neighbours can turn even the best home into a brutal living experience, but would you ever consider delaying a move yourself if you had amazing neighbours you didn’t want to leave?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19913 posts
18595 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
No. Does not impact my decision. At the end of the day, theyre not staying because of you and can up and leave at any time.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3509 posts
6817 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
FedExpress wrote: Has anyone here ever delayed selling/moving homes because their next door neighbours were so fantastic, helpful, trustworthy, (insert adjective). We know bad neighbours can turn even the best home into a brutal living experience, but would you ever consider delaying a move yourself if you had amazing neighbours you didn’t want to leave?
Post needs more context, why are you moving to begin with? Are you weighing the options of needing more space vs having great neighbours, etc? Is it kid related vs. adulted related? If it was kid related myself and clients I know are willing to sacrifice a lot more to stay/make it work. If it's just Bob the drinking buddy, then probably not worth it. This isn't a high school break up. All of this stuff comes to an end regardless as people will move. The street I live on was the 'party' street of the neighbourhood back in the 90's and now it's just old boomers drinking wine and a ghost town on weekends with people at their cottages.
RE Broker
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
28775 posts
12496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Yes
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
28775 posts
12496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
JayLove06 wrote: Your neighbors determine what you do? Whaaa?
With their mind control devices and their nanobots.
Oh wait, thats just billionaires.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
28775 posts
12496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
moeymoeymoeymoe wrote: The hell are you people doing up at 5 am
The nanobots obviate the need for sleep Winking Face
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2018
1193 posts
1232 upvotes
GTA
I won't hesitate leaving good neighbors behind, but I will be hesitant to buying a new home if there is evidence the neighbors do not take care of their properties. I freaking hate pests and weeds coming over from nearby neighbors...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
3406 posts
3675 upvotes
I had a pain neighbor in my last property. We shared a hedge down the boundary line and the wife bitched at me saying that I was responsible for cutting it. This hedge was at least 60 ft long and would grow wide on both sides if it was not trimmed. After 4.5 years, I got fed up and sold. During the selling process, she was ripping the hedge pieces and throwing on my driveway. Ended up calling the police to file a report. Karma got her back after as the next owner knocked down the bungalow and rebuilt a towering 2 level home blocking her windows and sunlight.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7822 posts
5335 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I would never stay because of good neighbors, but I guess I would leave if I had neighbors from hell.