Automotive

Does home link conflict with the old remote?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2017 11:20 am
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary

Does home link conflict with the old remote?

I can successfully program my new car's 'home link' to control the garage door now. But it looks like that remote doesn't work any more... I couldn't find this question on google. Could somebody provide your own experience please?

Thanks in advance!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3942 posts
3313 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I've never had that happen. Is it maybe coincidental that the battery is weak or dead? If the battery is ok you might need to re-learn the remote and door together. I've had to do that when replacing a lost remote with a new one but I don't remember what the prices is exactly, but it is similar to doing the homelink setup. Look that up an try pairing the remote again.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34517 posts
20555 upvotes
Center of Universe
My sure what the max is, but you can program multiple homelink and remotes to a single GDO.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35604 posts
9656 upvotes
Ottawa
I had the problem as well. I programmed my new car and a remote I had on a keychain stopped working. I had to re-program the keychain remote It took several attempts but it did work.
http://www.homelink.com/program/watchvideo
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Apr 24, 2011
389 posts
156 upvotes
Scarborough
2 separate remotes + my Homelink works no problem for me. Perhaps try to pair up your remote again? Strange problem
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Sounds like I need to re-pair the remote correctly. Let me try to find out the manual and try late today. That's a model from 20 years ago, lol