• Feb 24th, 2021 1:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11776 posts
2241 upvotes
Toronto

Does Parts Source test Starter Motor?

I'm in Toronto. Just wondering if anybody knows if they test them? Online always says go to your auto parts store but it's always in the US. I'm going to look to test it myself (have to get alligator clips for the jump first) but it would be good to know of a back-up place.
3 replies
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2959 upvotes
keenland
at1212b wrote: I'm in Toronto. Just wondering if anybody knows if they test them? Online always says go to your auto parts store but it's always in the US. I'm going to look to test it myself (have to get alligator clips for the jump first) but it would be good to know of a back-up place.
alligator clips?...man up..just use a metal clothes' hanger old school !...its just a few sparks

parts source used to check them but that was when they first opened..not sure lately
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1729 posts
788 upvotes
Ontario
I don't think PartSource does starters anymore. You could look for a rebuild shop that does starters and alternators. I'm sure one of those would test it...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Oct 25, 2020
253 posts
172 upvotes
It's been a good decade+ since I worked at part source in Ottawa but none did anything beyond battery charging/load testing.

One location had a lathe to turn rotors but was non functioning. Unlikely you'll one in Toronto. Best way to find out is to ring them up.