Real Estate

Does RBC charge any fees for closing Homeline Plan?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2020 8:07 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
119 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

Does RBC charge any fees for closing Homeline Plan?

I currently have my mortgage with RBC, and was planning to open a Homeline Plan to get lower rates for a possible loan.

I've heard that it is relatively simple to waive the initial fees for opening, but if I understood right there will be extra fees for closing it if I move my mortgage to a different bank (which I will in 8 months).

Does anyone know if there are such closing fees?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5516 posts
4807 upvotes
saisoj wrote: I currently have my mortgage with RBC, and was planning to open a Homeline Plan to get lower rates for a possible loan.

I've heard that it is relatively simple to waive the initial fees for opening, but if I understood right there will be extra fees for closing it if I move my mortgage to a different bank (which I will in 8 months).

Does anyone know if there are such closing fees?
Discharge fee was $300 in Ontario, last time I checked
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
119 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
superfresh89 wrote: Discharge fee was $300 in Ontario, last time I checked
Thanks! I guess that is too high for me, especially since I only have a few months to use before closing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5602 posts
5726 upvotes
Toronto
saisoj wrote: Thanks! I guess that is too high for me, especially since I only have a few months to use before closing it.
If you open a Homeline account, about $377 to close it and $1100 in legal fees and $300 in re-appraisal fees to initiate a new mortgage with another lender, in a few months.
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Mar 13, 2013
56 posts
19 upvotes
Whitby
If you are changing from a conventional mortgage to a homeline plan they cover the processing fee (300) and FCT fees if the property is valued less than $750. If more than you wil have a couple hundred to cover.
Wealth won’t make you happy. Power won’t make you remarkable. Fame won’t make you honorable. Education won’t make you wise.