Wheels and Tires

Does a sedan need winter tires or are all seasons fine?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2017 2:49 pm
[OP]
Sep 21, 2017
27 posts
3 upvotes

Does a sedan need winter tires or are all seasons fine?

I have a Corolla 2013 wondering if I should get winter tires. I already have all season tires.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23683 posts
5368 upvotes
where I belong
I'd say depends on where you live
IMO, if you live in snow belt (say Southwest Ontario), get them. If you live in GTA/warmer area, probably all-season is okay

And you should know with few drives in winter/snowy conditions
If you slip a bit even in little snow, then it's better to be safe than sorry and get them
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13249 posts
7357 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote: I'd say depends on where you live
IMO, if you live in snow belt (say Southwest Ontario), get them. If you live in GTA/warmer area, probably all-season is okay

And you should know with few drives in winter/snowy conditions
If you slip a bit even in little snow, then it's better to be safe than sorry and get them
agreed.

It doesn't matter what you drive, sedan/hatch, wagon, SUV whatever, all would benefit from dedicated winter tires.

It also depends on how much you drive, can you work from home or take transit on snow days etc.

Also the condition of your current all/3 season tires
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43688 posts
6925 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
If youre on a budget and lazy... they make “all weather tires” now. Theres several brands on the market. The beauty is that they are actually winter rated with snowflake symbol.
But you can drive them all year round!

Con : just bc you dont have to change them over between seasons...they still need to be rotated to ensure even and long underwear.

Con2: it does everything, but it doesn't do any 1 thing excetionally well.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10837 posts
2675 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Get the winter tires there is a big difference in traction. The day you have to drive in a big storm you will be happy you got winter tires as you wont be stuck on the side like some other people.
0_o
<_<
>_>