Sports & Recreation

Does Thule bike trailler ever get a price discount?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2022 7:43 pm
[OP]
Sep 29, 2011
216 posts
173 upvotes
Quebec

Does Thule bike trailler ever get a price discount?

Hi all!

We are looking tu buy a Thule Chariot Cross 1 for our kid and I was wondering if any of you have somme suggestions to get any sort of price discount on them?
https://www.thule.com/en-ca/bike-traile ... _-10202022

Most of the time they are excluded of any general promotion...
Best I was ablt to find is the members rebate at Altitude sports (5%, sometime doubled at 10%)
I'm in Quebec, and saving the PST (10%) + some other rebate could also be another option, but I could not find any websites where PST was not charged.

Thanks for your input!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2886 posts
1006 upvotes
Check kijiji and get a used one, there is absolutely no need to pay full price for these. Often for much less than the cost of a new one u could find one bundled with a lot of extras. These last a long long time, just don't leave them outside in the elements.
[OP]
Sep 29, 2011
216 posts
173 upvotes
Quebec
vodka wrote: Check kijiji and get a used one, there is absolutely no need to pay full price for these. Often for much less than the cost of a new one u could find one bundled with a lot of extras. These last a long long time, just don't leave them outside in the elements.
yes, we watch facebook marketplace, but we could not find a good one yet
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
49981 posts
14012 upvotes
ONTARIO
They never go on sale. Even used they retain their value very well.
Even broken & outdated ones!
I had a veeeeery old version of a thule roof box…
Broken lock. Shoddily fixed by drilling 2 holes and shoving a long pad lock to secure…
Missing mounting hardware. Shoddily replaced with home depot u-bolts and wing nuts.

It still sold for $150 about 5 years ago! It was only on kijiji literally for a few hours.
[OP]
Sep 29, 2011
216 posts
173 upvotes
Quebec
UrbanPoet wrote: They never go on sale. Even used they retain their value very well.
Broken lock. Shoddily fixed by drilling 2 holes and shoving a long pad lock to secure…
Missing mounting hardware. Shoddily replaced with home depot u-bolts and wing nuts.

It still sold for $150 about 5 years ago! It was only on kijiji literally for a few hours.
That's why we are leaning toward buying new, taking good care and selling for a high price 3-4 years down the road
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
49981 posts
14012 upvotes
ONTARIO
guillaume019 wrote: That's why we are leaning toward buying new, taking good care and selling for a high price 3-4 years down the road
Thats not a bad idea. I mean... I'm only with used even if its only saving a bit. Because I'm familiar with the product. Its not like a used car where the condition you reallly have to carefully examine and even get pro help.
Thule... Just make sure its works, not cracked, not busted, comes with all the hardware... and you'll be good to go.

I got one of these used off kijiji for $40. Its no thule thats for sure. But Its been 6 years of regular use with no problems. Imagine a top notch thule. Use it forever... resale is good.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16753 posts
11951 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: They never go on sale. Even used they retain their value very well.

UrbanPoet wrote: Thats not a bad idea. I mean... I'm only with used even if its only saving a bit. Because I'm familiar with the product. Its not like a used car where the condition you reallly have to carefully examine and even get pro help.
Thule... Just make sure its works, not cracked, not busted, comes with all the hardware... and you'll be good to go.

I got one of these used off kijiji for $40. Its no thule thats for sure. But Its been 6 years of regular use with no problems. Imagine a top notch thule. Use it forever... resale is good.
I don’t know why you kept referencing roof boxes, the OP is looking for a bike trailer.

Same brand but still

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)