Cell Phones

Does your Google Maps have Speed Limits?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2021 1:31 pm

Poll: Does your Google Maps have Speed Limits?

• Total votes: 33. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

85%
No

9%
Some devices only do have it

6%
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes

Does your Google Maps have Speed Limits?

Does your Google Maps have Speed limits? (under Settings/Navigation settings/Driving options).

I have it on one device only...
It pisses me off a lot as I want to keep Speed limits when I replace my device soon, but I cannot figure any way how to do it. Another complication,
I have a few google accounts and I do not know under which one GM was installed...

Any suggestion, RFD wizzards? Also pls kindly answer the poll question ...
Last edited by Tichi on May 8th, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
Oh.. Am I the only unlucky bastard who has problems with speed limits?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
I still do not have speed limits on any of my android devices, except one, bought in the US and presumably with a US firmware.

So irritaating..

Does anyone have any suggestions how to enable those freaking Speed limits?
(the option for Limits next to Speedometer in Navigation Settigs is just absent for me)..

TIA!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
Nevermind... Took my new Android for a spin, and option for Speed Limits magicalk
Ly appeared..

Googleworks mysterious ways... :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
Mod can delete the topic if you please!
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
926 upvotes
So instead of paying attention to the road where every couple hundred metres there’s a speed limit sign, you wanna continually glance at your phone?

Our society is doomed.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2511 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Tichi wrote: I still do not have speed limits on any of my android devices, except one, bought in the US and presumably with a US firmware.

So irritaating..

Does anyone have any suggestions how to enable those freaking Speed limits?
(the option for Limits next to Speedometer in Navigation Settigs is just absent for me)..

TIA!

What phone do you have?

I have a Galaxy S10+ (Canadian firmware) and I have "Speed Limit" indicator.

My "crappy" US AT&T Alcatel phone also shows "speed limits" indicator.

Maybe ... Have you tried updating your Map app? I could be wrong, but just saying
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4934 posts
3212 upvotes
LaLaLand
Just saw this on Google Maps. This is pretty cool. I got a speeding ticket last week and thought it might be helpful to have locations of speed traps.

Screenshot_20210510-085638_Maps.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
Gee wrote: He was having a conversation with himself and came to a conclusion.
Yeah. Exactly. Thank you. I'm having those very often and they are very useful :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
batcave wrote: Just saw this on Google Maps. This is pretty cool. I got a speeding ticket last week and thought it might be helpful to have locations of speed traps.

Screenshot_20210510-085638_Maps.jpg
They seem to have a few new features around, with the most recent update... Whixh I'm not so sure about....
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
646 upvotes
ZenaZ927 wrote: It iScreenshot_20210512_012554_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgs under navigation settings
Thank you. This option does appear now. Just needed to take Android for a spin, and drive on a road with a speed limit. Then it shows up in options. Weird google...