Dog clippers advice.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 2:36 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 6, 2020
3 posts

Dog clippers advice.

I need a good clipper that runs cool, quiet and will cut through fur like butter. Mine are clogging with fur, blades don't seem to stand up to much and by the time I've cut one dog I'm exhausted. I need it for long hair dogs who are prone to matting.
2 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19836 posts
5194 upvotes
Off the 404
Do you lubricate the blades before and after using and cleaning the blades?
Mar 31, 2017
50 posts
24 upvotes
Aicarb wrote: I need a good clipper that runs cool, quiet and will cut through fur like butter. Mine are clogging with fur, blades don't seem to stand up to much and by the time I've cut one dog I'm exhausted. I need it for long hair dogs who are prone to matting.
Have you sharpened your blades or tried cooling spray? I believe Andis and Wahl have cooling sprays you can use for the heat.

I have the Andis Ultraedge which was purchased probably about 8 years ago or so that I've used on a couple Yorkies. It cuts through hair very easily with no snags. The blades do get quite hot so breaks are needed in between. I usually switch between 3 different blade sizes depending on where I'm clipping so sometimes I'll just switch the blades out to cool down and work on a different area but my dog is tiny.

I also have a smaller cordless Andis I use to quickly trim the paws which is really helpful.

I actually used the Andis Ultraedge to cut my husbands hair during Covid Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)