[OP]
May 17, 2006
66 posts
127 upvotes

TimTam cookies - $1.25 (Ottawa, YMMV)

Price:
Retailer:
Dollar Tree
Seen at Dollar Tree Merivale at Hunt Club in Ottawa. Usually, if one Dollar Tree has something, they all do. Three different kinds available. I forgot to check the expiration date.
Images
  • upload.jpg
*wink*
60 replies
Sep 30, 2015
325 posts
478 upvotes
East York, ON
99 cents at Food Basics this week if you can find them.

Edit: sale ended
Last edited by Gallifrey on May 13th, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 16, 2005
640 posts
80 upvotes
Its the two other different kinds we don't see at Food Basic which makes this deal intriguing...
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1882 posts
3733 upvotes
union station, TO
Gallifrey wrote: Also, 99 cents at Food Basics this week if you can find them.
can't find them at the food basics near me. all sold out. the no frills near me also doesn't carry them. dollar tree it is.
also, it's $2.97 at walmart, so $1.25 is a great price. too bad there aren't many dollar tree stores in my area. dollarama doesn't carry tim tam
Last edited by oicthat2013 on May 12th, 2021 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2009
609 posts
281 upvotes
99 cents at Food Basics, can be price matched at Superstore or No Frills.
Downvoted :)
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4764 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Do people eat these on their own? I've only ever had Tim Tams by itself once and it was just ok. The Tim Tam Slam is essential to elevating these cookies IMO...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3457 posts
3096 upvotes
Toronto
Someone missed the Tim Tam thread lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7170 posts
228 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Wot is the Tim Tam Slam? I just tried these for the first time a couple of days ago and thought they were pretty good.
Can't be described here. Go incognito in your browser and Google it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7305 posts
7995 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Wot is the Tim Tam Slam?
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam#Tim_Tam_Slam

The Tim Tam Slam (also known as the Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb, Tim Tam Explosion, Tim Tam Bong and Tim Tam Suck) is the practice of drinking a hot beverage through a Tim Tam. Opposite corners of the Tim Tam are bitten off, one end is submerged in the beverage, and the beverage is sucked through the biscuit as though the Tim Tam itself were a straw. The crisp interior biscuit is eventually softened and the outer chocolate coating begins to melt, at which point the biscuit is eaten.

The Arnott's company used the name Tim Tam Suck in a 2002 advertising campaign.

In February 2019, Arnott's released a "Slams" branded version of the Tim Tam biscuit.
Feb 2, 2015
487 posts
758 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Yewwwwww! Scored a bunch in Calgary at Sunridge Dollar Tree location (about 80 pieces total left at 6pm .. obligatory Toyota trunk photo of the haul*) Expiry Feb 2022. Upvoted for four flavours available and the fact these were found outside the Centre of the Universe, where you catching downvotes for sharing.
* haul is PS'd
Images
  • timtam2.jpg
Dec 30, 2013
210 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Wot is the Tim Tam Slam? I just tried these for the first time a couple of days ago and thought they were pretty good.
The Tim Tam Slam is my favorite way to drink hot chocolate, and I promise if you give it a try it will become your favorite too.

So basically, you’re going to grab yourself a cup of your favorite hot chocolate, and a small handful of your favorite Tim Tam. Bite off one corner of your Tim Tam. Flip the biscuit around and bite off the opposite corner. Put the bottom of your Tim Tam into your hot chocolate and suck the hot chocolate through the Tim Tam like its a straw. As soon as the biscuit starts to crumble, shove that tasty goodness into your mouth and enjoy it. Then you can start all over again with a fresh biscuit.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2781 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
Wow...good price. Even Voortman cookies is now $1.50 at Dollar Tree
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1571 posts
620 upvotes
YVR
MaliciousMao wrote: Find these things a bit too sweet for me.
they are ideally meant to be kept in the freezer and eaten cold.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3508 posts
1288 upvotes
Montreal
Dollarama why their so slow to the party.... lol
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12583 posts
2084 upvotes
Vancouver
ydmf wrote: Seen at Dollar Tree Merivale at Hunt Club in Ottawa. Usually, if one Dollar Tree has something, they all do. Three different kinds available. I forgot to check the expiration date.
Thanks! Too bad the closest Dollar Tree is in seedy part of town. My bike would probably get stolen. :(. Maybe there is another in vancouver.
Oct 9, 2018
35 posts
26 upvotes
Couldn't find 99c on the food basics flyer in my area. I ended up going to dollar tree and picked up 2 dark chocolate one. $1.25 is not a bad deal at all.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2781 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
trellaine201 wrote: Thanks! Too bad the closest Dollar Tree is in seedy part of town. My bike would probably get stolen. :(. Maybe there is another in vancouver.
You live near Chinatown?!?

Best store to find hard to find stuff as ppl avoid it!