Jul 11, 2008
1268 posts
925 upvotes

[Dollarama] 2 plug outdoor with remote $4.00

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Outdoor wireless remote receiver father extended range RF remote works up to 80 feet.

Made by Westek.

Model RFK326

It looks like both outlets are controlled by one remote on off switch.

For four dollars this might be good for my bug light at the back fence.

These were seen at the Dollarama at Duffrin and major McKenzie.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
28 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2175 posts
617 upvotes
Thanks for this, at first I was thinking what could I possibly want this for, but in my "shop" (garage) I use a shop vacuum for dust collection, would be nice to be able to turn that on and off remotely from right before I start cutting till right after... gonna try and see if I can find one.

If you bought one any chance to get a picture of the SKU, or close up of around the area where the bar code is? Last time I went to look for something they told me I could call and check if it's in stock if I give them the info to save myself a trip.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2175 posts
617 upvotes
Anyone saw these around Montreal please post here as I would like to get one or two. Thanks

**The Dollarama at Place Lasalle (Champlain) has around 20, I picked up 2.
Cheers
Jul 7, 2004
36 posts
40 upvotes
Has anyone seen these anywhere in the City of Toronto?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2017 posts
1709 upvotes
For those who bought this: is there any encryption on the RF remote signal, or any other way to uniquely pair the remote with the base? Otherwise, in a dense urban area, anyone could turn on/off their neighbours' outlets within a 80 foot radius, if their neighbours also bought these from Dollarama...

Edit: I got the answer myself: there is a pairing process
Last edited by ahoroba on Jan 31st, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2011
366 posts
316 upvotes
St. Catharines
If anybody in the Welland Ontario area is looking for this, the Dollarama on Thorold by Food Basics had some this afternoon. The one on Lincoln by No Frills did not have any this evening.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1268 posts
925 upvotes
EDIT: Be very careful, I used JP1 and may have messed up my logitech RF remote
Last edited by MexicanPeso on Feb 4th, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2011
366 posts
316 upvotes
St. Catharines
If you're looking for this item, it was in stock this afternoon at the store on Thorold in Welland, and Hwy 20 in Fonthill (both are in the same plaza as a Food Basics).

HOWEVER, WARNING .... I suspect that Dollarama has these because the battery drawer in the fob is poorly designed and does not latch in place. You may need to tape it in place. Looking at 3 or 4 in both stores, they all appeared to have the fault.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2175 posts
617 upvotes
cpfan wrote: If you're looking for this item, it was in stock this afternoon at the store on Thorold in Welland, and Hwy 20 in Fonthill (both are in the same plaza as a Food Basics).

I noticed that on 1 that I bought and opened, I hope they are not all like this..
HOWEVER, WARNING .... I suspect that Dollarama has these because the battery drawer in the fob is poorly designed and does not latch in place. You may need to tape it in place. Looking at 3 or 4 in both stores, they all appeared to have the fault.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2705 posts
761 upvotes
Is anyone else skeptic of this dollars a product for the possibility that it’s more susceptible of causing a fire? Or am I just being paranoid...

Thanked OP
Jul 7, 2004
36 posts
40 upvotes
Dollarama in Collingwood had at least 15 of these in stock yesterday.
Apr 15, 2015
186 posts
100 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks OP. In for 2. Tested one, and the functional range seems to be around 10’ to 15’.