[OP]
Jun 10, 2017
258 posts
361 upvotes

$4 for 30 Pokemon cards at Dollarama

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
I don't know much about Pokemon cards other than my kid likes to collect them. I previously bought the ones at Costco with the tins, which comes with extras such as the game codes and EX cards.
These are a cheap alternative to increase his collection and he seems to be happy with them.
Not sure if this is hot deal worthy, just posting to raise awareness that these exist at Dollarama.
Images
  • upload.jpg
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
5675 posts
2407 upvotes
Paris
I used to buy Magic Cards there but local gaming stores usually sell 500 or 1000 packs for 10-15 bucks which is a better value.

Not sure of where you are but BK gaming in Hamilton has some decent packs of MTG and Pokemon.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2886 posts
1288 upvotes
Toronto
Its been a while but when I got them for my nephews I believe it was 10-card packs for $1.25.
[OP]
Jun 10, 2017
258 posts
361 upvotes
Jerico wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:29 pm
I used to buy Magic Cards there but local gaming stores usually sell 500 or 1000 packs for 10-15 bucks which is a better value.

Not sure of where you are but BK gaming in Hamilton has some decent packs of MTG and Pokemon.
Cool, good to know thanks. I'm in Markham and this is Dollarama in Markham. Will look up bk games to see if there are any locations nearby. Not keen on spending big dollars to buy them from toys r us.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
5675 posts
2407 upvotes
Paris
GenericMember wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:32 pm
Cool, good to know thanks. I'm in Markham and this is Dollarama in Markham. Will look up bk games to see if there are any locations nearby. Not keen on spending big dollars to buy them from toys r us.
Its in Hamilton and not one of the cheaper trading card game stores around. Most of those stores are local independents.
Google one in Markham and check them out. I got some Pokemon stuff from 401games.ca at Christmas for my cousin’s kids if you prefer the online route.

Walmart and Toysrus are the last place to buy this stuff.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
[OP]
Jun 10, 2017
258 posts
361 upvotes
Jerico wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:37 pm
Its in Hamilton and not one of the cheaper trading card game stores around. Most of those stores are local independents.
Google one in Markham and check them out. I got some Pokemon stuff from 401games.ca at Christmas for my cousin’s kids if you prefer the online route.

Walmart and Toysrus are the last place to buy this stuff.
Yeah so true. But Walmart was my go to for Roblox figures when he was into that. It was much cheaper than amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
5675 posts
2407 upvotes
Paris
GenericMember wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:43 pm
Yeah so true. But Walmart was my go to for Roblox figures when he was into that. It was much cheaper than amazon.
Cardboard crack is a whole different ballgame...

[OP]
Jun 10, 2017
258 posts
361 upvotes
Jerico wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:53 pm
Cardboard crack is a whole different ballgame...
I have no idea what that means.
Oct 26, 2016
137 posts
69 upvotes
What did you get inside??
Koodo (QC + SPC) 25$ 2GB
Fido 7.5$/3GB with Hawaii tablet 😂
All Thanks to the RFD Forums
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
5675 posts
2407 upvotes
Paris
GenericMember wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:56 pm
I have no idea what that means.
Trading game cards are made with a form of cardboard. Crack is an addictive drug.

They are called cardboard crack as they are so expensive and addictive to collect.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... rd%20crack

[OP]
Jun 10, 2017
258 posts
361 upvotes
Sushi4life wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:58 pm
What did you get inside??
A bunch of Pokemons and trainer cards. I been reading up on it to understand what I'm dealing with. These seems to be commons and uncommons.. Might not be worth it for the serious collectors.
They do have some evolution cards, which is nice.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2564 posts
649 upvotes
Lethbridge
I went through this with my kid. These packs are not really worth it from a monetary perspective as they usually don't contain $4 worth of cards.

That being said, if they're not playing the game (and neither him nor his grade 1/2 friends were), you can get 60 cards for the same price a sealed current set booster pack. Just don't be prepared to find any foils or EX/GX
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1208 posts
510 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure they just open up regular boosters, sell the rare/holos separately, and then sell whatever is worthless as these dollarama packs. Only worth it for the kids who don't care for rare cards.