[OP]
Oct 18, 2020
42 posts
132 upvotes

[Dollarama] $4 Scrub DADDY or MOMMY

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Dollarama has the scrub daddy and mommy for $4 each sold individually.

They are slightly thinner. Not as thick as the ones bought from bed bath beyond, kitchen plus or Amazon.

Pictures are from the Scarborough location.
Images
  • 8096935F-58E7-42A5-B753-10F33181ECCC.jpeg
  • 56B3D1B4-ABAF-4D3C-A7F1-9D6A621B0582.jpeg
84 replies
Sep 6, 2015
44 posts
65 upvotes
North York, ON
Dumb question, what's the difference between this and a kitchen sponge?
Apr 28, 2010
652 posts
1104 upvotes
richmond hill
Dumber question...Whats the difference between the mommy and daddy sponge
[OP]
Oct 18, 2020
42 posts
132 upvotes
Scrub mommy has two different surfaces. A spongey side and an abrasive side.

Scrub daddy only had an abrasive surface.

Add cold water and the scrub mommy/Daddy hardens up so you can be more abrasive with tough stains.

Add warm water and it softens up for more fragile dishes.

The cut outs in the eyes and mouths of the sponge allow it for a “better” scrub around different dishes I.e spoons, forks and handle etc…
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13865 posts
27431 upvotes
Bet the sharks didn’t expect it to end up at Dollarama
[OP]
Oct 18, 2020
42 posts
132 upvotes
$15 for a three pack.
3 pack comes with pre set colours.

Dollarama allows you to buy them individually to which ever colours they have available.
Aug 11, 2019
817 posts
863 upvotes
jugojugo wrote:
dude that shit seems magical, but it also seems like an infomercial...any real life reviews from ppl who used it for a few months at least? and what is the mechanism behind that? like what is that material made of?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31603 posts
12903 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: dude that shit seems magical, but it also seems like an infomercial...any real life reviews from ppl who used it for a few months at least? and what is the mechanism behind that? like what is that material made of?
It's really not rocket science TBH. Even a standard toothbrush behaves the same--stiffer and more abrasive with cold water, compared to hot.

Also you're not going to get "few months use" out of one of these as they will disintegrate after 1-2 months. This is by design.

The "holes for grip" are a bit stupid too as it will start to rip apart there first. It's really just to give it a smiley face which is nice for commercials and stuff but that's about it. This is why it's best to buy the solid block type (the green ones) if buying at full price, that way you can just cut "sponges" out of it and not worry about the dumb holes/face.

Of course buying at a discount just get what you can get. It's a good product but doesn't last too long, and really isn't super necessary or so life changing that you "have to buy them" for dishes after using one.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16932 posts
8991 upvotes
Ottawa
we have these. I needed a filler to use a coupon for BBB so I bought a pack, I haven't ever used the holes because I just use a washcloth instead.
It works fine, the back side is a soft sponge, and the harder side I use for scrubbing non-stick pans. In the end, it's just a sponge, not some miracle cleaning device.
Yes, it will wear out after a couple of months if you hand wash often.
<insert sig>
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1990 posts
1053 upvotes
Etobicoke
I use these all the time, I usually buy them from Kitchen Stuff Plus for $5 I think
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19857 posts
8174 upvotes
Toronto
Knowing Dollarama won't be surprised if these are fake. LOL. On 2nd thought the packaging is not even right it should be a box.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7162 posts
3628 upvotes
West GTEH!
carmaster wrote: Knowing Dollarama won't be surprised if these are fake. LOL. On 2nd thought the packaging is not even right it should be a box.
You mean "knock-off" of the Original.
😎
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19261 posts
7661 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn’t the 3 pack work out the same at bed bath beyond?

$15 - 20% coupon it keeps prompting when you go to their site = $12/3 = $4

Op mentioned these are “thinner” than bbb too….
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Partner Level Donor with the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1153 posts
1630 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Webhead wrote: You mean "knock-off" of the Original.
No, fake. They are candy or something
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19857 posts
8174 upvotes
Toronto
Webhead wrote: You mean "knock-off" of the Original.
No I mean fake since they are using the real name not some generic name.
Aug 11, 2019
817 posts
863 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: It's really not rocket science TBH. Even a standard toothbrush behaves the same--stiffer and more abrasive with cold water, compared to hot.

Also you're not going to get "few months use" out of one of these as they will disintegrate after 1-2 months. This is by design.

The "holes for grip" are a bit stupid too as it will start to rip apart there first. It's really just to give it a smiley face which is nice for commercials and stuff but that's about it. This is why it's best to buy the solid block type (the green ones) if buying at full price, that way you can just cut "sponges" out of it and not worry about the dumb holes/face.

Of course buying at a discount just get what you can get. It's a good product but doesn't last too long, and really isn't super necessary or so life changing that you "have to buy them" for dishes after using one.
uh...i dont know wtf kinda toothbrush you been using, but i never had a toothbrush that becomes sponge in warm water, and a **** rock in cold water...

but alright, that seems about right, i knew something like this would be too good to be true.

what did you mean cut the sponges out of the green block ones? why would u it out? do u guys not use the green side? i literally almost always use the green side to wash dishes, the sponge side is for like wiping down tables or whatnot
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31603 posts
12903 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: uh...i dont know wtf kinda toothbrush you been using, but i never had a toothbrush that becomes sponge in warm water, and a **** rock in cold water...
I didn't say it was going to become a sponge or a rock. It's just an example of a household cleaning thing that has similar properties. If you brush your teeth with hot water, you'll see--the brush will be softer than with cold.
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: what did you mean cut the sponges out of the green block ones? why would u it out? do u guys not use the green side? i literally almost always use the green side to wash dishes, the sponge side is for like wiping down tables or whatnot
I'm not sure if you're feeling okay, lol. The one I was talking about I swear it was green but they either changed it or maybe I was imagining things, but this is the one I meant:
https://scrubdaddy.com/big-daddy/

It's meant to be cut up and is a better value (at least comparing to reg. price) than the other ones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)