Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

$4 - Wireless Leather Charging Case - iPhone 6/7/(8)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 5:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes

[Dollarama] $4 - Wireless Leather Charging Case - iPhone 6/7/(8)

These were seen at Dufferin and Steeles and there are approximately 12 on the shelf.

Leather wireless iPhone charging case.

iPhone 6, 7 and probably 8.

Convert your iPhone into a wireless charging phone that can be put on a wireless charging mat.

Not a lot of people with iPhones this old, but if you are looking for a way to just put it down on your desk and charge this could be for you.

I’m actually tempted to buy one and use the cable and pad inside the case and put it onto my AirPods.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
18 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
iPhone 8 has built in wireless charging already.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
cursayer wrote: iPhone 8 has built in wireless charging already.
lol.... you are right! I was only thinking about the case fitting!

Good catch.

I might go back and grab one as I said to make my airpods case wireless. I just looked at the protective case I have on it and i am pretty sure I can just fit it inside the protective case and airpods case.

If I do it I will post pics of the teardown of the case.
Aug 2, 2020
340 posts
404 upvotes
MexicanPeso wrote: lol.... you are right! I was only thinking about the case fitting!

Good catch.

I might go back and grab one as I said to make my airpods case wireless. I just looked at the protective case I have on it and i am pretty sure I can just fit it inside the protective case and airpods case.

If I do it I will post pics of the teardown of the case.
Sweet!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
This will work with Qi chargers?
Sep 9, 2001
19 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
Bought this nice Wireless Charging Case for iPhone at the Dollarama in Calgary (Creekside) for $4. The case for made for iPhone 6/6S Plus and 7 Plus, has a nice leatherette finish and is quite thin. However, I have an iPhone 6 not 6 Plus. So I carefully pulled off the inner felt backing and removed the wireless receiver from the case and placed it onto my iPhone 6. It was thin enough to put the case back on the iPhone 6 and now it can be wirelessly charged on my Qi charger!
Images
  • PXL_20201007_184723419.jpg
  • PXL_20201007_184732695.jpg
  • PXL_20201007_002110444.jpg
Sep 21, 2001
21 posts
8 upvotes
London
Actually, there are also the same case for non-Plus iPhone as well. Not all Dollaramas carry them. Just have to look around.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17564 upvotes
richard wrote: I carefully pulled off the inner felt backing and removed the wireless receiver from the case and placed it onto my iPhone 6. It was thin enough to put the case back on the iPhone 6 and now it can be wirelessly charged on my Qi charger!
Wow, that's really uh... beautiful.

Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
Actually it’s genius.

As he said it is adhesive on the one side and it fits in his case.

He just made his case -one I’m sure he likes- into a wireless charging case.

No need to use the crappy case it comes with.

I love seeing this stuff.

Thanks for the pic op.
richard wrote: Bought this nice Wireless Charging Case for iPhone at the Dollarama in Calgary (Creekside) for $4. The case for made for iPhone 6/6S Plus and 7 Plus, has a nice leatherette finish and is quite thin. However, I have an iPhone 6 not 6 Plus. So I carefully pulled off the inner felt backing and removed the wireless receiver from the case and placed it onto my iPhone 6. It was thin enough to put the case back on the iPhone 6 and now it can be wirelessly charged on my Qi charger!
Leverage wrote: Wow, that's really uh... beautiful.

Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3440 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg
thanglai wrote: Actually, there are also the same case for non-Plus iPhone as well. Not all Dollaramas carry them. Just have to look around.
Just bought both plus and non plus case... they only had the brown color for the iPhone 6 case, and only black for the the iPhone 6+ phones... so op probably still would've ripped the Qi Charger case as the brown case is not that good looking...
Sep 9, 2001
19 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
MexicanPeso wrote: Actually it’s genius.

As he said it is adhesive on the one side and it fits in his case.

He just made his case -one I’m sure he likes- into a wireless charging case.

No need to use the crappy case it comes with.

I love seeing this stuff.

Thanks for the pic op.
Thanks! This is the case I put it in. Because the receiver is quite thin, the "bump" is barely noticeable using this case and the connector fits nicely in the opening on bottom of case.
Images
  • PXL_20201007_192127117.jpg
  • PXL_20201007_192140413.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Pretty clever OP. This receiver isn't restricted just to 6 so thats great!
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Nov 25, 2014
503 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice find and creativity, OP. Tried to do this for my iPhone 5 but did not work. I must have messed it up at some point.
Koodo Mobile ⬆ Virgin Plus ⬆ Public Mobile ⬆ Windscribe ⬆ Ebates / Rakuten ⬆ Ritual ⬆ SkipTheDishes ⬆ Uber / UberEats ⬆ Tangerine ⬆ Chef's Plate ⬆ Rover
Nov 25, 2014
503 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone seen them in Toronto (east end) recently? Regular size not the Plus.
Koodo Mobile ⬆ Virgin Plus ⬆ Public Mobile ⬆ Windscribe ⬆ Ebates / Rakuten ⬆ Ritual ⬆ SkipTheDishes ⬆ Uber / UberEats ⬆ Tangerine ⬆ Chef's Plate ⬆ Rover
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5185 posts
6021 upvotes
Works fine on a 5S
IMG_20201013_165423533.jpg
Images
  • IMG_20201013_165044929.jpg

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)