Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

$5/2 pack Sylvania Smart+ Full Color Bluetooth A19 Dimmable

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2024 9:01 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
if it doesnt work for you and you wanna get rid or throw, i am happy to take it from you...LOL
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 3, 2018
31 posts
93 upvotes
Connecting with Google Hub has been a hit or miss depending on the box. Despite resetting and updating firmware, not all devices would update to work with Google Hub. My first box had Alexa and Google Hub firmware. My second box was only Alexa.
Sep 26, 2022
106 posts
158 upvotes
I saw these and wondered if they had wifi. guess not. BT is just not long enough range for me.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
I used to use the Osram/Sylvania bulbs when they had a hub. Worked great for several years before some Chinese company bought them out and turned off the servers running the hub software, rendering the bulbs useless. Now it seems this company is back with another much cheaper product to try and get into the market here. But it sounds like they need someone to improve their software or else they dumped these bulbs on the market here as they could not sell them in their home market. Though I don't like them much, the Source Bright Bulbs sound like a world of difference compared to these and are frequently on sale...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6027 upvotes
jackinthecube wrote: I saw these and wondered if they had wifi. guess not. BT is just not long enough range for me.
These connect via wifi when using a hub. But yea only BT if you’re connecting through the Sylvania app. But I reach my bulb in the garage from around 5-6m from the nearest next bulb
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6027 upvotes
bobclair wrote: This or lenovo bulb?
Get the one that matches your ecosystem. But that being said, you can get an army of these for the same price of a single Philips Hue bulb
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I set up 2 of these using the Amazon app to be controlled by an Amazon Echo Dot a few weeks ago and they both set up flawlessly. In fact, I'd say without a doubt the most painless of any of the smart bulbs I've used. Went back and bought 4 more packs. Voice controlled on/off and dim, as well as voice controlled colour or white light temperature change (which I don't think I'll use much if at all inside) for $5 seems like a legit good deal to me. I may set a few up outside on my driveway lamp and front door lights in colour mode for Christmas. Seems a lot easier than dicking around with string lights up a ladder, for a fraction of the price.
Oct 26, 2006
224 posts
109 upvotes
Kitchener
bobclair wrote: This or lenovo bulb?
Lenovo bulbs have been very reliable and predictable for me. The Sylvania, not so much.
Apr 12, 2018
60 posts
74 upvotes
Bought a pack of these a couple weeks ago and like others I've had sporadic issues with Google home control. When they work they work fine, but occasionally they won't respond at all to voice commands or control via the Google home app. Flicking power on/off solves it but obviously defeats the purpose of a smart bulb.

As a result I use them as dimmable dumb bulbs that can change colour if desired. For the price that's still ok but the Lenovos I have are much more reliable as smart bulbs.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
663 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Just to be sure, the instructions are not sent by Bluetooth?
It’s Wi-Fi ?

Otherwise it won’t work every time you’re out with your cell…
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
RobertRabbit wrote: Just to be sure, the instructions are not sent by Bluetooth?
It’s Wi-Fi ?

Otherwise it won’t work every time you’re out with your cell…
Only BT, no wifi.

Remote usage only works if you pair it with a hub that. An reach it over BT.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
Can the app program the bulb to turn itself on/off daily? Looking for this feature for a hallway light.

If this won't do then please recommend one that can, thanks.
Nov 29, 2010
404 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried this out for a bit a few weeks ago.
Bulb wouldn't dim properly and flickered when set to certain colors.

I thought it was pure garbage and am surprised by the good reviews on here.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6027 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: Can the app program the bulb to turn itself on/off daily? Looking for this feature for a hallway light.

If this won't do then please recommend one that can, thanks.
No, the Sylvania app doesn’t have scheduling
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1018 posts
114 upvotes
Hamilton
eelw11 wrote: No, the Sylvania app doesn’t have scheduling
and now we know why they are at dollarama.. lol whats the point of a smart bulb if you can schedule.. lol
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6027 upvotes
hamdude_1234 wrote: and now we know why they are at dollarama.. lol whats the point of a smart bulb if you can schedule.. lol
You want smart features, you connect with a hub.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
663 upvotes
Chambly, QC
eelw11 wrote: You want smart features, you connect with a hub.
What kinda of hub are you using?
It kinda kills the deal to have to put another piece of hardware to manage a lightbulb…
And to maintain it.
Maybe a open-source one should be nice, with possibly to control it from far away.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6027 upvotes
RobertRabbit wrote: What kinda of hub are you using?
It kinda kills the deal to have to put another piece of hardware to manage a lightbulb…
And to maintain it.
Maybe a open-source one should be nice, with possibly to control it from far away.
Supports Alexa, Google Home and HomeKit. But I just use it as a dumb smart bulb. Adjust to 6500k if I need that blinding bright light or adjust to 2700k for evening.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
Leverage wrote: Dollarama does not discriminate whether you live in the centre of the universe (toronto) or not
Many Dollarama items like this never make it to BC stores. I assume when there is a limited quantity of a popular item, it makes sense for Dollarama to distribute only to some limited region like southern Ontario.