241 upvotes
Ontario
Is it available in Mississauga?
God bless Canada and the whole world.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21577 posts
7119 upvotes
kwokming.kwong wrote: I bought 10 inches with tripod phone holder remote from Amazon @$12 free shipping, why driving around for a small and useless one? wasting time and gas
Amazon is several days in the future. For me, Dollarama is a 10 minute walk away. If they have something I can use, I can get there very easily in just about any kind of weather. It's a very convenient location with Dollarama, Canadian Tire, EBGames, Giant Tiger and a whole bunch of other stores close by, not to mention the main mall for the city is across the street as well as the movie theater. There was a good reason for me to buy my house at the location I'm at...convenience.
Jun 13, 2017
629 posts
448 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Dang, high quality pictures on RFD really exist!
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Dec 26, 2010
510 posts
126 upvotes
SW Ontario
cadave wrote: Anyone see these around K-W? Would like to set one up for Zoom calls.
Don't carry it at Dollarama by Conestoga Mall in waterloo
Sep 19, 2007
212 posts
131 upvotes
Found them at the Dollarama on Main Street in North Vancouver.

Been looking for a cheap solution to poor lighting on zoom calls and $4 is the right price!
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2104 posts
827 upvotes
I saw a handful of them at Richmond Terra Nova Dollarama.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1047 posts
610 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Man these are garbage. They use so much power that it causes my tv USB port to stop working LOLOLOL.

I'm sure at low light it wouldn't overload the port but it starts full power so nothing can be done about it.

Honestly I think this is not good as a bias light behind the TV as you need to turn it on manually and set the color and brightness each time you turn it on. Yes I know you already told me that OP ;)

I would like to know where you got your Linus from though. I think that's the real reason this thread is popular heh

There were 2 left at Seymour Dolla. One in the correct aisle, one hidden in another aisle.

Anyone know one of these that's remembers its settings and turns on automatically when plugged in?

Edit: this does actually remember settings when turned off as long as the unit doesn't lose power (ie. Becomes unplugged or USB port turns off power)

I'm gonna eat my shorts here and reverse my decision and say it works OK
Last edited by panckage on Aug 16th, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 30, 2005
804 posts
524 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Ok, went to 3 different Dollaramas in Scarborough today, No effing ring lights.
Jul 28, 2011
252 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
tbonegreen wrote: So because a store was conveniently located and had a product that you desperately wanted available to you, and you were able to document your once in a lifetime arrival BECAUSE of said store being available - you decided to boycott it for the rest of your life?
Do you think that level of convenience is free? Do you think a brick and mortar store can compete with an ebay shop in terms of price?
And if your solution is "just have an online store - everybody shops online", then where would you have purchased that "cheap piece of plastic power plug adapter for $9.99" that you needed so badly?

I'd love to know what you think one of these stores pay in rent and wages every month...
Wow, wow, wow there champ... So many assumptions here. Let me break it down for you.
tbonegreen wrote: So because a store was conveniently located and had a product that you desperately wanted available to you, and you were able to document your once in a lifetime arrival BECAUSE of said store being available - you decided to boycott it for the rest of your life?
Actually, it was not conveniently located at all as you cleverly assumed. Someone had to drive me to the Square One shopping mall (because I was a newcomer without a car, driver's licence or knowledge of the city). On the way to the store we probably passed 5 Dollaramas and small Chinese variety stores that were selling the adapter for $1.50.
tbonegreen wrote: Do you think that level of convenience is free? Do you think a brick and mortar store can compete with an ebay shop in terms of price?
Of course not. Should I pay 850% markup at The Source compared to Dollarama (Hint: brick and mortar store, conveniently located as well)? Nope. But you are welcome to do it. It's a free world and I respect your decision to support them.
tbonegreen wrote: And if your solution is "just have an online store - everybody shops online", then where would you have purchased that "cheap piece of plastic power plug adapter for $9.99" that you needed so badly?
Dollarama? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tbonegreen wrote: I'd love to know what you think one of these stores pay in rent and wages every month...
I think Dollarama is great! I don't think The Source wages and rent are 850% higher than Dollarama.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2020
1671 posts
2095 upvotes
danielions wrote: Lots at the 137ave 127st Dollarama in Edmonton
137 ave & 97 st beside t&t has a few, about 12
Jan 29, 2021
14 posts
12 upvotes
None at St.Laurent SC in Ottawa.

Update : None in Cornwall, Cambridge or Stratford .
Last edited by PaCo2016 on Aug 21st, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.