117 upvotes
Summerland, British …

[Dollarama] 6 pack Men's Body Grove Socks $4 YMMV

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
I posted a couple weeks ago a deal on women's body glove 10 packs of socks Dollarama. I went in there tonight and they have men's six pack Socks by body glove for $4. It's not as good of a deal and they are bright colours, however it sure beats buying them from winners or somewhere else. 95% polyester.

Summerland BC
Images
  • 20190912_205456.jpg
Last edited by dburroughs1 on Sep 13th, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
[OP]
Dec 21, 2011
93 posts
117 upvotes
Summerland, British …
They remind me of Bob Marley.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2510 posts
1746 upvotes
If the Grove fits you must acquit
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4234 posts
623 upvotes
I bought these a few weeks ago, good quality, but they fit really small and I had to give them to my son. Also, they are very much Jamaican/Rastafarian influenced if that attracts or detracts you...
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2239 posts
1280 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
95% polyester = Bad smelly feet
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Jun 21, 2009
911 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
StealthFinder wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 11:54 am
95% polyester = Bad smelly feet
Depends on the construction of the sock. The whole idea is to keep the feet dry. Historically some polyester socks did not allow feet to breath, leading to moisture buildup. However, modern polyester socks are not only more breathable, but many also wick the moisture away from the feet. For example those Under Armour type materials are all very good at wicking away moister, which will decrease smells.

I can't comment on these particular socks, but your statement about all polyester socks leading to bad smells is incorrect.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3200 posts
1664 upvotes
Toronto
Wife and I used to wear polyester athletic socks several years ago (Puma, Hanes, etc.) Odour mostly ranged from moderate to quite bad. When she started wearing a lot of memory foam insoled shoes, the odour and moisture buildup became disasterous Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Don't know how far poly has come in terms of odour but we have stuck to Cotton and mostly Cotton blends.
Back in maybe 2013-2014 we bought several multipacks of Body Glove brand socks from Winners which are at least 70% Cotton. Same with Skechers brand socks. But I've found Cotton/blend socks are harder to come by at Winners/Marshalls...I might revisit polyester socks and save the Cotton stockpile for the Mrs. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3773 posts
1308 upvotes
Montreal
blankall wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 12:00 pm
Depends on the construction of the sock. The whole idea is to keep the feet dry. Historically some polyester socks did not allow feet to breath, leading to moisture buildup. However, modern polyester socks are not only more breathable, but many also wick the moisture away from the feet. For example those Under Armour type materials are all very good at wicking away moister, which will decrease smells.

I can't comment on these particular socks, but your statement about all polyester socks leading to bad smells is incorrect.
Wicking works well when the moisture can be passed out to evaporate, but in the case of socks this may not work well depending on the breathability of the shoe being worn. Many shoes no not breathe well (one of the reasons they often smell!).
Jun 8, 2010
7 posts
5 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
They are polyester because it is a cheap material for the manufacturer. Cotton costs more and is better.
Oct 2, 2011
977 posts
577 upvotes
Vancouver
Fightguard wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 1:09 pm
Wife and I used to wear polyester athletic socks several years ago (Puma, Hanes, etc.) Odour mostly ranged from moderate to quite bad. When she started wearing a lot of memory foam insoled shoes, the odour and moisture buildup became disasterous Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Don't know how far poly has come in terms of odour but we have stuck to Cotton and mostly Cotton blends.
Back in maybe 2013-2014 we bought several multipacks of Body Glove brand socks from Winners which are at least 70% Cotton. Same with Skechers brand socks. But I've found Cotton/blend socks are harder to come by at Winners/Marshalls...I might revisit polyester socks and save the Cotton stockpile for the Mrs. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Paints a pretty picture of your wife
Jun 21, 2009
911 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
GT!! wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 1:52 pm
Wicking works well when the moisture can be passed out to evaporate, but in the case of socks this may not work well depending on the breathability of the shoe being worn. Many shoes no not breathe well (one of the reasons they often smell!).
If you have unbreathable shoes, sock choice isn't going to help you. One of the first things they will tell you in any outdoors course is to avoid cotton clothing at all costs. Cotton absorbs moisture. Wool (if your skin can tolerate it) and breathable artificial fibers are far superior for dealing with moisture issues.
Oct 2, 2011
977 posts
577 upvotes
Vancouver
blankall wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:19 pm
If you have unbreathable shoes, sock choice isn't going to help you. One of the first things they will tell you in any outdoors course is to avoid cotton clothing at all costs. Cotton absorbs moisture. Wool (if your skin can tolerate it) and breathable artificial fibers are far superior for dealing with moisture issues.
Any outdoors course(s) you recommend?
Jun 21, 2009
911 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
dicecube wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:40 pm
Any outdoors course(s) you recommend?
Just google "cotton kills".
Oct 2, 2011
977 posts
577 upvotes