2780 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Aduro gooseneck tablet mount/stand $4

https://www.aduroproducts.com/products/ ... ith-holder
New $4 find at Dollarama
Only white colour spotted.
Edit: black confirmed as well.
It's a screwdown Clamp style
I've never used one of these types of stands before and I find this one to be very decent quality. It's sturdy enough to hold my first gen MS Surface, which is a relatively hefty tablet.
I think it's a steal at this price.
Gave my surface a new purpose after collecting dust the past 3 years.
Clamped it to a bookshelf by the foot of my son's bed and connected a mini wireless keyboard/touchpad. Now he can relax and enjoy Netflix and YouTube while laying down or play little games quietly. And I can easily remove the tablet if I need to take it away periodically.
Wish they had black colour though.

Amazon.com reviews https://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Solid-Grip ... B01FV2HJGE

Hopefully it's durable and will last some time although some Amazon users report early failures. Taking a $4 chance on this one...
Last edited by Fightguard on Aug 10th, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
64 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1164 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
Nice find! It looks a lot like this popular Tryone Gooseneck tablet holder on amazon. I have 2 of these from Amazon, and if this is the same quality, it's an amazing deal considering I paid $25 each.. Mine have 30 inch overall length. How long is this one?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BXRDHLC

Edit, Aduro site says "Length of neck is 24 inch". So that is pretty much identical to the Tryone.

Which location did you spotted this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3896 posts
2780 upvotes
Toronto
I will confirm 24" when I get home later. Bought at Parliament and Gerrard, Downtown Toronto.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16408 posts
31587 upvotes
Scarborough
I'd pick up a couple of these at $4 a piece. Hopefully I can manage to track some down. I haven't had very good luck with the more recent Dollarama deals posted here.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3896 posts
2780 upvotes
Toronto
Another downside is that there is a some sway/wobble to it (don't know how this compares to similar products). Not a huge issue if you're just scrolling to find a video or reading webpages but can get annoying with games or apps that require a lot of tapping.
But I suppose this is expected to a certain degree and mostly dependent on how heavy the device is (as mentioned, my surface is on the heavier side) and how you "shape" and position the "neck".
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1164 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I picked up two of these at College Park location (Toronto)

The quality seems to be a bit poorer than the $25 Tryone from Amazon.ca, but still a decent quality product. Definitely worth $4 (if you need it)

Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1164 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: No luck on the tablet mount but I did find this though. Time for me to start living in 3018!
LOL, I saw this at the local Dollarama too and thought it look ridiculous - can't see myself using it LOL
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23778 posts
31583 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: No luck on the tablet mount but I did find this though. Time for me to start living in 3018!
thanks. Perfect for biking/driving!
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15279 posts
2493 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Was able to pick one up from my local dollarama (both white and black available). Holds my iPad mini with otterbox defender with minimal sag.

Although it can hold it in place, the clamp seems just shy of being large enough to comfortably grip my otterbox defender. So if I push a corner hard enough, the tablet will come off the clamp.

Last gripe is just with the desk clamp mechanism, not gripping as tight as I would like and I don't want to over tighten and risk stripping the threads of the clamp.

Overall I'm happy with it for $4.

Thanks OP!
Last edited by Matrixvibe on Aug 10th, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3896 posts
2780 upvotes
Toronto
Now I just have to get another one in black now that there's confirmation they're out there.
Feb 27, 2011
248 posts
478 upvotes
Just picked up the last one (in white) from Dollarama. Used it to mount my Nintendo Switch on the headrest to play it in bed. I've wanted one of these for awhile and $4 is a bargain.

Thanks OP!

Sep 10, 2008
183 posts
51 upvotes
They also have these at my Dollarama for the car.
Images
  • IMG_0542.jpg
Nov 28, 2005
733 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Fightguard wrote: I will confirm 24" when I get home later. Bought at Parliament and Gerrard, Downtown Toronto.
Thanks! I bought the last two there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)