Oct 5, 2006
1029 posts
617 upvotes
Calgary

[Dollarama] Aduro Magnetic Phone mount $4

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
The mounts are like these https://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Magnetic-H ... =8-1-fkmr0 . These swivel and adjust to the angle that you want. I owned the previous ones that Dollarama was selling that didn't swivel. I loved those , but these are even better since they put some space between the phone and the vent.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190523-215258[1].png
27 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15418 posts
1295 upvotes
Scarborough
these are awesome
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1171 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Nice! Anyone know of those that also charge? Looking for a solution where I can have the magnetic phone mount but also something that works with wireless charging for my bedside table (charging in the car too would be bonus).
Jan 24, 2007
808 posts
208 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I am assuming this would not be a good thing if you use wireless charging. Has anyone tested it if after attaching the plate, the wireless charging on at home cradle works.
Feb 18, 2013
571 posts
445 upvotes
Victoria
Just picked one up, good deal. It's larger than the previous one I was using so it's much more secure.
d4diesel wrote:
May 24th, 2019 6:29 pm
I am assuming this would not be a good thing if you use wireless charging. Has anyone tested it if after attaching the plate, the wireless charging on at home cradle works.
As long as the plate doesnt cover the wireless charging cool it works. My metal plate is laid horizontally inside my case at the bottom of the iPhone X and wireless charging works.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2257 posts
804 upvotes
Burnaby
peakingduck wrote:
May 24th, 2019 8:54 pm
Just picked one up, good deal. It's larger than the previous one I was using so it's much more secure.

As long as the plate doesnt cover the wireless charging cool it works. My metal plate is laid horizontally inside my case at the bottom of the iPhone X and wireless charging works.
I use a large plate mounted sideways at the bottom of my S10. Had to trim the plate a bit as it's too wide. Note: if you lay the plate even partially on the wireless charger when it's on, it will heat up.

I grabbed one today too. 6 strong magnets. Seems secure. Pivoting ball adjustment.
Last edited by Psykopathik on May 25th, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 6, 2010
9 posts
Canada
I got one too and this one is much better than the other one. Larger magnetic area and stronger. Only issue I have is with the stronger magnet sometimes the mount starts to slide out of the socket when you go to remove your phone. Minor annoyance and would still highly recommend.
Jun 12, 2017
48 posts
80 upvotes
Belleville, ON
I got this and have the iPhone XR in the otterbox commuter and it works decently when placed exactly where the magnet is but otherwise is slightly too heavy to stay on well. Though I just bought a second one and going to put a second magnet in my case to make the whole back magnetic. I don't use wireless charging at all. I'll also have a second vent holder. heh heh heh magnets.
Koodo $60/10gb
3gb Fido LG Gpad III (w/ $50 BB Giftcard)
Fido Flex $10/1-5gb-$35 w/ Sierra Aircard 763s
Pepsi Retro live long & prosper
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8661 posts
3010 upvotes
Toronto
dontelother wrote:
May 25th, 2019 12:02 pm
In which Dollarama we can find?
In which province/city are you located?
Koodo customer $40/8GB
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1036 posts
83 upvotes
GTA
Just an FYI for those who purchase this type of magnet mount.

I have one of these types of mounts and magnet is great and strong.

Only issue is that the rubber started to wear near the end of clips and exposed the metal under them.

This started to scratch my vent levers taking the mount out.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3757 posts
959 upvotes
GTA
aznxtambOy wrote:
May 25th, 2019 2:24 pm
Just an FYI for those who purchase this type of magnet mount.

I have one of these types of mounts and magnet is great and strong.

Only issue is that the rubber started to wear near the end of clips and exposed the metal under them.

This started to scratch my vent levers taking the mount out.
I'll agree with this as I've had the same experience with the Aduro brand.

There's a different one that Dollarama had where the clip is more of a clamp. The magnet itself was a big weaker but it still holds larger phones like a s10+ just fine.
Dec 4, 2009
174 posts
38 upvotes
GVRD
I have used many different types of phone holders and I found this is the best up until now period
"NOTHING HAUNTS US LIKE THE THINGS WE DON'T SAY."

-MITCH ALBOM