Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Aduro U-Grip Magnetic Vent Mount $4

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 11:09 am
47 replies
Feb 27, 2011
901 posts
553 upvotes
Regina
Nice. I'll be looking out for these in Regina.
--------------------------------------------------
"PC LOAD LETTER!!. What the **** does that mean?"
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
these are not the same brand that they first had? they were STRONG magnets! best vent mount i ever had... the box was black and red i think
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
In terms of vent mount these are great, but I'd highly recommend buying the primecables magnetic dash mount instead if you are OK with mounting to your dash (its just 3m tape).
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Dont remember the brand but I've bought some at Dollarama a couple of months ago and it's not as strong / magnetic-wise as the one I purchased off Amazon (also don't remember the brand but it was like 12$)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1531 posts
103 upvotes
How do these work? Do you have to stick some type of plate to the back of your phone? I’ve got a clear case on so don’t want to mess up the clean look of my iPhoneX!
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
wildzero wrote: In terms of vent mount these are great, but I'd highly recommend buying the primecables magnetic dash mount instead if you are OK with mounting to your dash (its just 3m tape).
Yeah, I agree that the primecables dash mount is great . It goes on sale quiet often for less than $10 (I think around $5??). I made a mistake mounting the disc too low on my phone though and sometimes my phone twists sideways. I have it mounted on another phone up higher and it is fine so just a note for anyone buying one to align it up closer to the middle/top of the phone.
Feb 27, 2011
901 posts
553 upvotes
Regina
doubleA wrote: How do these work? Do you have to stick some type of plate to the back of your phone? I’ve got a clear case on so don’t want to mess up the clean look of my iPhoneX!
Two magnets. One on the clip (the magnet) and another round thin one (thin metal piece) that sticks on the back of your phone. Remove case, apply magnet metal piece, replace case. It would show through a clear case.
Last edited by RoughriderFan on Jun 15th, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
YLSF wrote: Yeah, I agree that the primecables dash mount is great . It goes on sale quiet often for less than $10 (I think around $5??). I made a mistake mounting the disc too low on my phone though and sometimes my phone twists sideways. I have it mounted on another phone up higher and it is fine so just a note for anyone buying one to align it up closer to the middle/top of the phone.
Instead of sticking it to your phone, try wrapping the metal plate with saran wrap and putting it behind the phone. The saran wrap will stick to your phone making it adjustable, and not permanent.
Mar 12, 2014
175 posts
191 upvotes
Markham
I have this. Very strong magnet. Works with my s8 plus without A metal plate.
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
RoughriderFan wrote: Two magnets. One on the clip and another round thin one that sticks on the back of your phone. Remove case, apply magnet, replace case. It would show through a clear case.
That round thin one is just a metal disc, I think.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1689 posts
1258 upvotes
Calgary
mikka2017 wrote: these are not the same brand that they first had? they were STRONG magnets! best vent mount i ever had... the box was black and red i think
These are the same brand. The packaging has changed.
Apr 27, 2007
353 posts
346 upvotes
Anyone find these in the GTA yet?
Making most of our dollars...
Feb 27, 2011
901 posts
553 upvotes
Regina
Miguel Sánchez wrote: That round thin one is just a metal disc, I think.
Correct. I just tested mine.
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
If you travel on business a lot these are fantastic. Leave one in your kit bag and then you can mount your phone to the dash on any rental car you ever have.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
warm
you might want to pay a buck more and get one has a better quality like this one sometimes it's lower than $4 if on sales
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1689 posts
1258 upvotes
Calgary
earthpetal wrote: warm
you might want to pay a buck more and get one has a better quality like this one sometimes it's lower than $4 if on sales
I don't like sticking anything to my dash. I think they exaggerate the market price of $30.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
The magnetic pad at the back of phones blocks NFC, no?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2617 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked this up yesterday. Works great, and magnets are very strong. Looks very clean compared to other holders.

Using this with the magnet sandwiched between my phone and a hard plastic case.

FS: Nothing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)