[Dollarama] Amex Offers Valid Until Dec 06, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 3:26 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17796 posts
5041 upvotes
Toronto
agent86 wrote: I wish they would bring GC's closer to Yonge & Sheppard.

Kind of defeats the purpose to pay a TTC fare to go buy from elsewhere.
If you do it within 2 hours, you can use the same transfer to head back. The store I listed, you could get there on one bus from York Mills Station (Leslie north of York Mills).
RedFlagDeals Addict
Moola Moola Moola
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1736 posts
1155 upvotes
I got a Scotiabank AMEX and I see a offer in that AMEX offers site for $5 credit on $20 spend at Dollarama.

Anyone know if the Dollarama at Kingsway & Gladstone (across from T&T Kingsway in Vancouver) has gift cards of other stores? Or the next closest store that carries gift cards of other brands? What’s available for choosing?

Thanks in advanced!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1515 posts
1424 upvotes
My local Dollarama in Edmonton also had some gift cards. Gap, Google play, Tim Horton, Earls, Spotify, Ultimate dining card, iTunes, INdigo, Sport Chek

I bought a Gap gift card and a dollarama gift card. Already got credit for one of the gift cards.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11246 posts
4489 upvotes
Darkman wrote: The offer disappeared now from the "Registered to Card" offers ... meaning, that I participated maximum - 2 times.

I guess 5 dollars x 2 ( credit(s) ) will be issued soon after transactions post.
Credit showed up this morning:

07 Sep DOLLARAMA # 505 -$10.00

05 Sep DOLLARAMA # 505 WINNIPEG $20.00

05 Sep DOLLARAMA # 505 WINNIPEG $20.00
Apr 15, 2019
56 posts
25 upvotes
Does it need to be 2 separate transactions of 25$? I did single transaction of 65$,will it work?
Jul 13, 2016
162 posts
232 upvotes
You need to do two separate purchases. Otherwise, if you did $50, you will only receive one credit.

I bought at $25 Tim Hortons Card and $15 Starbucks gift card. Total is $40. My Amex promo is spend $20 get $5 back.

I told cashier to split payments in the purchase of $20 x 2. No issues. Received both $5 credits.
Apr 5, 2006
325 posts
165 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there any way to register a supplementary card? The OP link does not work,
Jul 13, 2016
162 posts
232 upvotes
ol2006 wrote: Is there any way to register a supplementary card? The OP link does not work,
Supplementary cards aren’t valid for this promotion. Only for primary cardholders.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1026 posts
250 upvotes
I've been unsuccessful in finding GC at the Dollaramas I usually go to. Anyone find good ones in South part of West Toronto/East Mississauga area?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2291 posts
2279 upvotes
GTA
GPS wrote: I've been unsuccessful in finding GC at the Dollaramas I usually go to.
If you're looking for 'Dollarama' GCs, they are at the front by the cash, so you have to enter the line to see them. Other GCs, look at the front of the aisles near the front of the store.

See post #83 @redboy69 has a couple of good pics as an example.

Stores are so crammed with stuff, it's easy to miss. lol
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1131 posts
697 upvotes
Can you use Dollarama GC to buy other GC?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1131 posts
697 upvotes
Wait until someone does the test. Don’t jump into conclusion too quick.

The Ivanhoe Cambridge GC promo issues multiple credits even when people paid a lump sum together.

The promo was to pay at least $100 to get $20 back (3 times for each account) so too many people tried to split their payments into multiple $100; hence the malls prohibited the behavior the next day when another promo kicked in (so the two promos stacked)

At the last couple days of the promo someone just paid $300 in lump sum and he received all $60 back at once, which made people (including me) who tried any way to split the payment looked very stupid Face With Tears Of Joy
StevenW038982 wrote: You need to do two separate purchases. Otherwise, if you did $50, you will only receive one credit.

I bought at $25 Tim Hortons Card and $15 Starbucks gift card. Total is $40. My Amex promo is spend $20 get $5 back.

I told cashier to split payments in the purchase of $20 x 2. No issues. Received both $5 credits.
Sep 14, 2018
243 posts
274 upvotes
naticom wrote: Wait until someone does the test. Don’t jump into conclusion too quick.

The Ivanhoe Cambridge GC promo issues multiple credits even when people paid a lump sum together.

The promo was to pay at least $100 to get $20 back (3 times for each account) so too many people tried to split their payments into multiple $100; hence the malls prohibited the behavior the next day when another promo kicked in (so the two promos stacked)

At the last couple days of the promo someone just paid $300 in lump sum and he received all $60 back at once, which made people (including me) who tried any way to split the payment looked very stupid Face With Tears Of Joy
I mean the difference here is Dollarama will happily split payments. Why risk testing it when the solution is so easy and maybe takes 1 minute longer?

I paid over 4 transactions with two credit cards and they didn't care, I was paying for 4 different gift cards though so didn't split it 4 ways, just paid for each separately.
Jul 13, 2016
162 posts
232 upvotes
asmcar wrote: I mean the difference here is Dollarama will happily split payments. Why risk testing it when the solution is so easy and maybe takes 1 minute longer?

I paid over 4 transactions with two credit cards and they didn't care, I was paying for 4 different gift cards though so didn't split it 4 ways, just paid for each separately.
I agree. Anyhow, a buddy mine did $50 at Dollarama and guess what?! He got only $5 credit! He complained to Amex, but it’s his fault for it splitting payment.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

i6s1