Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Amex Offers Valid Until Dec 06, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 11:13 am
Jul 13, 2016
162 posts
232 upvotes
naticom wrote: Wait until someone does the test. Don’t jump into conclusion too quick.

The Ivanhoe Cambridge GC promo issues multiple credits even when people paid a lump sum together.

The promo was to pay at least $100 to get $20 back (3 times for each account) so too many people tried to split their payments into multiple $100; hence the malls prohibited the behavior the next day when another promo kicked in (so the two promos stacked)

At the last couple days of the promo someone just paid $300 in lump sum and he received all $60 back at once, which made people (including me) who tried any way to split the payment looked very stupid Face With Tears Of Joy
You can do the test! I rather play it safe.

For the Cambridge mall gift card, another friend did $300 and paid $300 and only received $20 credited to his amex card. He called Amex where he pleaded to get the other credit of $40. He looked stupid for calling into Amex and begging for leniency. Amex said, no, and stated it was $20 for spending over $100 on gift cards. Not multiple $20 credit for every $100. He wasted time And lost money for nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1735 posts
1153 upvotes
Did anyone visit the Dollarama at City Square in Vancouver? I’m looking at the images on Google Maps and can make out a couple gift cards (couple VISA prepaid and Starbucks) and I think there might be more... but it wasn’t clear enough to see.

If no one has, I’m going to visit anyway this Friday to take a look, there’s a good chance that they sell gift cards! I’ll report back on if they got any if no one has before then. :)
Jul 13, 2016
162 posts
232 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Did anyone visit the Dollarama at City Square in Vancouver? I’m looking at the images on Google Maps and can make out a couple gift cards (couple VISA prepaid and Starbucks) and I think there might be more... but it wasn’t clear enough to see.

If no one has, I’m going to visit anyway this Friday to take a look, there’s a good chance that they sell gift cards! I’ll report back on if they got any if no one has before then. :)
Denman Street Dollarama in Vancouver has Starbucks, Subways, Tim Hortons, iTunes, Google, Keg, Safeway, Gap, Uber, the Bay, Disney Store, and the Cara Foods cards (that owns Swiss Chalet, New York Fries, etc.). As mentioned not worth the Visa and MasterCard prepaid because of the crazy fees.
Jun 13, 2019
404 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
One more DP: Dollarama GC cannot be used at self-checkout, needs to be used at the cash register. Usually there is no one at the cash register, have to wait for someone to come and clear it (experienced at nearby Dollarama).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7496 posts
2573 upvotes
StevenW038982 wrote: You need to do two separate purchases. Otherwise, if you did $50, you will only receive one credit.

I bought at $25 Tim Hortons Card and $15 Starbucks gift card. Total is $40. My Amex promo is spend $20 get $5 back.

I told cashier to split payments in the purchase of $20 x 2. No issues. Received both $5 credits.
Thanks for the tip on splitting payments! I wanted to buy Starbucks cards but thought I'd have to add filler items to get to $20. Did this instead today by buying a $25 and $15 card and then splitting into two $20 transactions.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1254 posts
663 upvotes
Burnaby
No GCs at Dollarama Metrotown/Station Square sadly

Was hoping to grab some GCs before end of month so I could hit 1000+ MR points (used majority of WB points during the double double promo) on my Amex Plat and transfer to Marriott Bonvoy with the current bonus promo but can't find enough items to buy at Dollarama to pull this off :(
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1735 posts
1153 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: No GCs at Dollarama Metrotown/Station Square sadly

Was hoping to grab some GCs before end of month so I could hit 1000+ MR points (used majority of WB points during the double double promo) on my Amex Plat and transfer to Marriott Bonvoy with the current bonus promo but can't find enough items to buy at Dollarama to pull this off :(
I also checked this location myself earlier (sorry about forgetting to mentioning it), however an earlier poster said that there was some in Burnaby. From Google Maps, I only see two Burnaby locations, so I suspect that it's the other Burnaby location on Imperial & Kingsway.

It's a bit further for a transit user, like me... but I suspect that it's there. Please report back if you do go!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1254 posts
663 upvotes
Burnaby
IEpicDestroyer wrote: I also checked this location myself earlier (sorry about forgetting to mentioning it), however an earlier poster said that there was some in Burnaby. From Google Maps, I only see two Burnaby locations, so I suspect that it's the other Burnaby location on Imperial & Kingsway.

It's a bit further for a transit user, like me... but I suspect that it's there. Please report back if you do go!
I'm pretty sure I've seen GCs there before...I've been lazy to walk that far (don't wanna take transit in this environment) but I'll def try sometime next week (this week is just brutal for me)

Will update if/when I go and find out!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1231 posts
765 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
trigger0 wrote: One more DP: Dollarama GC cannot be used at self-checkout, needs to be used at the cash register. Usually there is no one at the cash register, have to wait for someone to come and clear it (experienced at nearby Dollarama).
Yeah found that one out the hard way they just installed self checkout machines at our closest location so they've had to completely change the checkout lineup it is like hearding cattle.

Oh well the $5 x 2 credits was the icing on the cake with annual CB.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1735 posts
1153 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: I'm pretty sure I've seen GCs there before...I've been lazy to walk that far (don't wanna take transit in this environment) but I'll def try sometime next week (this week is just brutal for me)

Will update if/when I go and find out!
They said they got this in a Burnaby location, so I suspect that's it, if Station Square doesn't have any.. :(
naticom wrote: just went to a Dollarama in Burnaby, and they carry the following GC:

1. Starbucks $15/$25
2. The Keg $25/$50
3. VISA Prepaid $25/$50 (don't buy this as the activation fee is too high. No one should ever buy VISA/MC prepaid in less than $200 denomination)
4. iTunes GC $30
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1254 posts
663 upvotes
Burnaby
IEpicDestroyer wrote: They said they got this in a Burnaby location, so I suspect that's it, if Station Square doesn't have any.. :(
Yeah they're surely talking about the other location

That Dollarama is like double the size of the Station Square one so I'm pretty confident they carry GCs
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1130 posts
696 upvotes
5665 Kingsway
IEpicDestroyer wrote: They said they got this in a Burnaby location, so I suspect that's it, if Station Square doesn't have any.. :(
Aug 9, 2014
379 posts
242 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
AEmgee wrote: Data point: I can confirm that $5 credit x 2 was posted for $20 purchases on my Scotiabank Gold AMEX primary and supplemental cards, after registration for this promotion using the previously posted link for non-AMEX issued cards: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html.
Just wondering did you only register the primary or both primary and supplemtary cards?