Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Berkel Knives above UBER HOT

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 2:19 pm
Sep 2, 2003
518 posts
224 upvotes
York
EugW wrote: Those are knock-offs, not counterfeit.

I’m sure Dollarama sells some counterfeit stuff, but that’s not what that article is mainly talking about.
Oops, sorry for the confusion. But the article does mention " but the store has been sued by Nike, for selling counterfeit footwear emblazoned with Nike’s iconic basketball player silhouette,"
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2507 posts
606 upvotes
beljevina wrote: These are either knock-offs or counterfeit. Either way, if the China factory is preprinting a label of $4 right into the packaging, how could they be worth hundreds of dollars or made with anywhere the grade steel or quality the Made in Italy ones are manufactured with?

You can be sure these will with time have the blade chip and splinter, and the likely low quality wood handle will separate.
Sorry? I see it on a sticker? I have been trying to figure out myself if the product is the same as the $$$ versions.. what are you saying helps determine that?

For example I bought the red stemless glasses and there is a sticker on the glass that says made in America and the name of the company with the price.. but how does one really figure it out if cheap nothing bbn or $$
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7295 posts
677 upvotes
crazdefool wrote: They don't usually use the name exactly so these are probably Berhel
And right you are.
Upon closer examination, the letter appears to be H and not K
Next , they'll be selling Gl0bal knives Winking Face
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Oct 5, 2010
88 posts
59 upvotes
Brampton
I bought a few of these knives and I think they are decent. I don't know enough about knives to give a review but I'm fairly certain these are not counterfeit products. They have been repackaged by Dollarama with their sticker. They probably bought a lot of overstock items. The knives come in a box and the sticker that was originally used to seal the box is cut open. They then repackaged it with the box open to show the knife. No one would buy a knife that they can't see from a fairly unknown company. I would say they are worth 10-20 bucks at least considering the above and the actual build quality.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5826 posts
2295 upvotes
Canuckland
Dollarama getting desperate, now they are selling knock off brands
Dec 15, 2017
84 posts
63 upvotes
sblessley wrote: "A fool and their money are soon parted"
"You get what you pay for"
"If it seems too good to be true, it is".
I have a $200 hand made santoku knife from knifewear. I used it for many years but now my go-to knife is a cheap $4 one from dollarama. I actually prefer it to the japanese knife because it goes into the dishwasher, and I hone it each time on a sharpening block before I use it so it's always razor sharp. Because it's so cheap I don't care. For those people about to drop hundreds of dollars on a good knife, I'd suggest they try that first.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7295 posts
677 upvotes
I suggest if you enjoy cooking, and do a lot of it, if you can afford a real knife don't bother with these cheap ones.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Jan 30, 2019
9 posts
3 upvotes
what's next, i10900k at dollerama for 4$
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1474 posts
1090 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
aquent wrote: what's next, i10900k at dollerama for 4$
haha except its made in Canada so you know its counterfeit
Jan 26, 2011
513 posts
258 upvotes
Gatineau
Ignore the claim that these are worth $100 and be happy with your $4 knife. Let's be honest, the bread knife will never get so dull that it won't work if you only use it for bread.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1111 posts
806 upvotes
Markham
Indubitably wrote: Has Dollarama ever sold counterfeit products before? If they have then this is the first I'm hearing of it.
They had Funkos that were highly dubious. It wasn't just the product that was "off" and could have been b-stock/manufacturing defects, but the boxes were very off too.

Last edited by bk on Aug 26th, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!