[Dollarama] Berkel Knives above UBER HOT

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2158 posts
807 upvotes
Edmonton
Hah! Relative of mine bought a set a week ago, was way excited about what he “scored”.
One week later he’s pissed as “these things couldn’t cut a fart”.......

Buyer beware
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4831 posts
3186 upvotes
Vancouver
Indubitably wrote: Has Dollarama ever sold counterfeit products before? If they have then this is the first I'm hearing of it.
Most stores currently have counterfeit Funko Pops on the shelves.

Ron.
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
38 upvotes
"UBER SCAM"
is more like it.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Feb 16, 2010
690 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
bk wrote: They had Funkos that were highly dubious. It wasn't just the product that was "off" and could have been b-stock/manufacturing defects, but the boxes were very off too.

I've just lost a lot of respect in Dollarama.

But still love them, though!
Jun 5, 2010
213 posts
132 upvotes
Ajax
Grabbed the last one at PTC. Sold out!
Last edited by polskon on Aug 26th, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1137 posts
2102 upvotes
Montreal
Indubitably wrote: I've just lost a lot of respect in Dollarama.

But still love them, though!
A few possibilities, but these things aren't common items from Dollarama so they're usually dumped from larger branded stores, liquidators, and/or bankruptcies.
Those people could've just bought a dud shipment from dubious places.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1273 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto
bread knife and carving knife only? where's the chef's knife?
Nov 28, 2017
546 posts
496 upvotes
If you are having trouble finding these in store, they are right next to the 5 dollar Rollex watches.
Jul 11, 2006
126 posts
72 upvotes
If it feels like a knife, 'cuts like a knife' then it must be a Bryan Adams song?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2232 posts
171 upvotes
This thread made my day. There should be a system in place that prevents new members with less than 10 posts from posting deals.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2477 posts
603 upvotes
miningminer wrote: I have a $200 hand made santoku knife from knifewear. I used it for many years but now my go-to knife is a cheap $4 one from dollarama. I actually prefer it to the japanese knife because it goes into the dishwasher, and I hone it each time on a sharpening block before I use it so it's always razor sharp. Because it's so cheap I don't care. For those people about to drop hundreds of dollars on a good knife, I'd suggest they try that first.
Which kind do you use?
Nov 21, 2010
840 posts
387 upvotes
Canada
miningminer wrote: I have a $200 hand made santoku knife from knifewear. I used it for many years but now my go-to knife is a cheap $4 one from dollarama. I actually prefer it to the japanese knife because it goes into the dishwasher, and I hone it each time on a sharpening block before I use it so it's always razor sharp. Because it's so cheap I don't care. For those people about to drop hundreds of dollars on a good knife, I'd suggest they try that first.
Any knife that is taken care of can be formidable (mostly) for common tasks. There is room for higher priced knives but context of a general home user, most will be fine with a cheaper knife. Victorinox Fibrox is a stellar every day knife that is affordable ($35 to $50 range).