7310 upvotes
Montreal

[Dollarama] Cleace Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol $4 for 1 liter -- $15 at Staples

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
The main reason to buy this product is because it is cheap at $4 per liter and strong at 75% Ethyl alcohol.
It also contains glycerin to prevent skin dryness.

It does not have a pleasant smell; it's not awful but it's not nice either.
Some say it smells like baijiu, a Chinese alcohol that I don't know.

It's manufactured by a Chinese company called AoGrand International Trade Corp. that is listed on the Health Canada Website.

The Staples website lists 80097957 as a NPN for that product which checks out with the Health Canada website.
The only oddity is that there is no NPN on the bottle.
But if that product was intended to be sold in the US, why would they put a NPN from Health Canada on it?
That's probably why it's sold at a discount at Dollarama.

There's a FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) logo on the bottle.
There's this site that says it is approved by the FDA but it's not affiliated with or endorsed by the FDA.

IMHO, there are enough cross-references on the Internet, including the images I attach to this post from the Health Canada website, to be convinced that this product is legitimate, safe and effective.

$15 at Staples Face With Tears Of Joy
Cleace.jpg
Screenshot (184).png
Screenshot (178).png
Last edited by Temporel on Oct 21st, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Thread Summary
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Is this the fake one that was reported and being recalled?
bylo wrote: No. That was a different brand. And since Ottawa is now scrutinizing the hand sanitizers that Dollarama is selling, the odds have greatly increased that the brand in the OP is indeed legit and effective.

MSM version: Health Canada recalls counterfeit hand sanitizer sold at Dollarama
GOC version: Counterfeit Daily Shield Hand Sanitizer

Picture of fake/recalled product:

85 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5425 posts
3293 upvotes
M-Arkham
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Is this the fake one that was reported and being recalled?
not this one, but i still would be hesitant to buy anything health related at dollarama

I still remember that time they got fake toothpaste
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $40 for 7Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15139 posts
16128 upvotes
Oakville
No NON equals no buy.
Also, higher alcohol percentage isn't necessarily better.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10457 posts
4861 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: not this one, but i still would be hesitant to buy anything health related at dollarama

I still remember that time they got fake toothpaste
Yea same with fake condoms, Happened 3 times over 3 years. Now we got 3 kids. Just kidding but i wouldnt trust hand sanitizer from there if your buying it to use in between hand washing,Better to be safe and buy from a better place.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12275 posts
20021 upvotes
Must be the same quality as their store door entrance squirt bottle of “disinfectant “ which is just extremely diluted with water . Don’t know why they even bother .
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4884 posts
7310 upvotes
Montreal
blazed16 wrote: (...) Just kidding but i wouldn't trust hand sanitizer from there if your buying it to use in between hand washing, Better to be safe and buy from a better place.
Then buy from the Canadian Red Cross?

Screenshot (183).png
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21067 posts
15012 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
No. That was a different brand. And since Ottawa is now scrutinizing the hand sanitizers that Dollarama is selling, the odds have greatly increased that the brand in the OP is indeed legit and effective.

MSM version: Health Canada recalls counterfeit hand sanitizer sold at Dollarama
GOC version: Counterfeit Daily Shield Hand Sanitizer

Picture of fake/recalled product:

veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6998 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Do they keep it on the shelf?
Or you need to ask them at counter?
I was never be able to locate the alcohol or HO2
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4884 posts
7310 upvotes
Montreal
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Do they keep it on the shelf?
Or you need to ask them at counter?
I was never be able to locate the alcohol or HO2
Shelf.
Plenty where I bought.
Sep 16, 2019
816 posts
905 upvotes
I miss the massive hand sanitizer you could get at dollarama back in the day. High quality for $2
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5538 posts
1932 upvotes
GTEH!
Or if you have Costco membership and can find inventory, 1 Step Hand Sanitizer for $6.99 1L bottle.
Yes, I know it's not $4 deal at $rama.
😎
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18921 posts
8542 upvotes
Oakville
Man, all the power to folks that can deal with the smell of these cheap hand sanitizers. I can't do it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4884 posts
7310 upvotes
Montreal
Parrajara wrote: I miss the massive hand sanitizer you could get at dollarama back in the day. High quality for $2
Yep, I remember a few years ago, you could often get 500 ml of Isopropyl alcohol for 99 cents at many pharmacies when on special.
wearysky wrote: Man, all the power to folks that can deal with the smell of these cheap hand sanitizers. I can't do it.
I think the one from Staples would smell better.

Screenshot (182).png
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1268 posts
1702 upvotes
No NPN or DIN is enough to get your unlicensed product recalled according to this Health Canada advisory. https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 5a-eng.php

Certain hand sanitizers are being recalled because they either contain ingredients that are not permitted by Health Canada or are not properly labelled and are missing important information.

There are currently 111 products on the list so it's not just " the one at Dollarama".

Soap & water FTW !