182 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Curl-A-Dog - $2.50 - YMMV

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Hot dog "spiralizer". If you are a fan of spiralized hot dogs this tool makes quick work of a package of hot dogs. Sold on Amazon for ~$15 - https://www.amazon.ca/Curl-Dog-Spiral-H ... 127&sr=8-1

These were at Dollarama a few years back, then suddenly gone. Found today in Aurora, ON with the tongs and other kitchen gadgets. Dollarama so YMMV as to stock.

Yes, you can do this with a knife but personally we love this gadget as it's super fast and doesn't take up a ton of room. And yes, hot dogs may not be the best thing to eat, but that's another post. :-)

Edit to add price to title and to comment that was a super quick down-vote! Literally within seconds of submitting.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1844 posts
837 upvotes
GTA
Been at the price for almost 2 years or so.
¸

- - - - -
;)
[OP]
May 17, 2011
182 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 1:27 pm
Been at the price for almost 2 years or so.
I know, but I haven't seen one at any Dollarama locations in the GTA in a few years and I do look for it for friends. It was this price, I think, when we got them there 3-4 years ago but it disappeared. Not worth $15+ though, unless you are cooking hot dogs nightly.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3333 posts
1338 upvotes
'Shwallywood
jrshopper wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 1:39 pm
I know, but I haven't seen one at any Dollarama locations in the GTA in a few years and I do look for it for friends. It was this price, I think, when we got them there 3-4 years ago but it disappeared. Not worth $15+ though, unless you are cooking hot dogs nightly.
I found them recently in Hamilton and in Oshawa.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Oct 3, 2016
330 posts
471 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Personally, I am not a fan of crispy bits on my hot dog, so definitely not the product for me.

Also, I tend to try and avoid single purpose kitchen gadgets unless they truly have a useful regular purpose (eg. garlic press). They just become clutter in the kitchen drawers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6821 posts
2558 upvotes
Calgary
We're not hot dog people but I bought one for our summer block party BBQ event because my husband was in charge of hot dogs. He only used the jumbo slicer but the hot dogs looked pretty good and people were impressed. For a $2.50 gadget that made serving 30+ people easier, I thought it was a pretty good purchase.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3048 posts
267 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry but what does this do exactly?
Hello
[OP]
May 17, 2011
182 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
ilusa wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 3:13 pm
Sorry but what does this do exactly?
It makes about 10 cuts partway through a hot dog to make a faux spiralized hot dog. You can do this with a knife (
but this gadget is much faster.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3048 posts
267 upvotes
Ottawa
jrshopper wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 3:19 pm
It makes about 10 cuts partway through a hot dog to make a faux spiralized hot dog. You can do this with a knife (
but this gadget is much faster.
I did not know this was a thing, now i need this ;)

Thank you!
Hello
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2041 posts
1046 upvotes
Vancouver
Im hot dog person
I love squeezing hot dog with this
Jun 19, 2019
558 posts
335 upvotes
"Centre of the …
Hot Dawg Love ground Lips & @ holes slathered up with condommints.

Have One in every room.

ʇɔɐ ʎɹɐuoıʇnloʌəɹ ɐ səɯoɔəq ɥʇnɹʇ əɥʇ buılləʇ 'ʇıəɔəp lɐsɹəʌıun ɟo səɯıʇ buıɹnp
13 Horror Films $20 or Free if you Don't Fall Asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Poutine Eating Championship Sat Oct 19 TO. Free Poutine Monster Bevs Kraft D.
Aug 12, 2010
489 posts
271 upvotes
jrshopper wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 1:13 pm
Hot dog "spiralizer". If you are a fan of spiralized hot dogs this tool makes quick work of a package of hot dogs. Sold on Amazon for ~$15 - https://www.amazon.ca/Curl-Dog-Spiral-H ... 127&sr=8-1

These were at Dollarama a few years back, then suddenly gone. Found today in Aurora, ON with the tongs and other kitchen gadgets. Dollarama so YMMV as to stock.
Tried it, tossed it
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal