Dollarama

Dollarama Deals (September 3, 2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2021 10:38 pm
May 19, 2012
41 posts
24 upvotes
LONGUEUIL
DaveOtt wrote: If you refer to the Xtreme 3-foot RGB LED USB strip w/remote which has been reported here in past, I have had several, with no problems. Looks like you just got unlucky. I have given away several to neighbours and friends. They are still around in some Ottawa stores.

Dave

update: colour reversal is strange. The strip has no manual wiring, connects to controller through 4-pin connector. Even if it were reversed, would not explain the problem as none of the LEDs would light.
Maybe it's a problem with the remote control. If possible try different ones.
I do agree that colour reversel is strange. And I'm not crazy, I took the 2 defective ones, and the on that was OK, plugged them all side by side and tried all 3 remotes one at a time. All 3 remotes are fine. Trying to set them to blue with one remote, they all react at the same time. The correct one does in fact go blue, the 2 defective ones go green.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter, I disassembled the defective ones and used them with an ESP micro controller to control them over wifi and with that you can chose which pin light up which color.
Apr 7, 2017
332 posts
226 upvotes
Brantford
These LED light strips are perfect for Automobile
See photos White Down Pointing Backhand Index
Images
  • 0AF777B2-5C50-4AB4-B27D-44082FA54F28.jpeg
  • A242552E-5E0E-4C48-96E3-9109E9CF1CC3.jpeg
Apr 7, 2017
332 posts
226 upvotes
Brantford
BigBlarg wrote: I do agree that colour reversel is strange. And I'm not crazy, I took the 2 defective ones, and the on that was OK, plugged them all side by side and tried all 3 remotes one at a time. All 3 remotes are fine. Trying to set them to blue with one remote, they all react at the same time. The correct one does in fact go blue, the 2 defective ones go green.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter, I disassembled the defective ones and used them with an ESP micro controller to control them over wifi and with that you can chose which pin light up which color.
Easy solution - when you want blue colour push the green button on remote and vice versa.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
22189 posts
27094 upvotes
Bettercallsoul wrote: These LED light strips are perfect for Automobile
See photos White Down Pointing Backhand Index
I don't understand how someone won't buy a Japanese or Korean vehicle if fuel, longevity, repairs and maintenance are prime considerations.

God bless'em for staying pack leaders for decades.

Your RGB dash isn't bad too, BCS.
Jan 15, 2018
22 posts
8 upvotes
wealthdesigners wrote: You may want to OPEN the packages to check before you check out as dollarama has no returns and no exchanges.. :(
I don't recommend opening any packages at Dollarama. I found an open package (tear in corner from whoever opened it first) of a bluetooth keyboard for a tablet. I slid it out of the package a few inches and tapped the keys, and decided I didn't like the way the keys pressed. Instead of abandoning it opened, I was carefully putting it back in the package when a security guard appeared and told me to buy it, the "or else" was implied. I told him the packaging was torn when I found it. He huffed and moaned and made a big show of getting scotch tape to fix the flap at the top. I left the store and never went back. Yeah, I should have known better, but it was a humiliating experience.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
22189 posts
27094 upvotes
kitkat85 wrote: I don't recommend opening any packages at Dollarama. I found an open package (tear in corner from whoever opened it first) of a bluetooth keyboard for a tablet. I slid it out of the package a few inches and tapped the keys, and decided I didn't like the way the keys pressed. Instead of abandoning it opened, I was carefully putting it back in the package when a security guard appeared and told me to buy it, the "or else" was implied. I told him the packaging was torn when I found it. He huffed and moaned and made a big show of getting scotch tape to fix the flap at the top. I left the store and never went back. Yeah, I should have known better, but it was a humiliating experience.
That sounds like a shady Dollarama, most don't even have security guards. Plus security guards have the authority of a ham sandwich, tell them 'no' and walk away.

Dollaramas are everywhere, in nice areas, and not so nice. Stay away from the grittier locations and you'll be fine. Life's too short.

The nicer Dollaramas are downright pleasant, many in-college student workers with pleasing professional communication styles.

God bless.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1501 posts
1533 upvotes
Usually don’t go in the clothing aisle, but saw the memory foam slippers. For $4, why not.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2468 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Are those Philips LED 100W bulbs a good deal at $4 each?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8052 posts
13876 upvotes
Montreal
Usuyami wrote: Are those Philips LED 100W bulbs a good deal at $4 each?
Philips has a good reputation for bulbs. If I were you, I would buy one to try.
Aug 13, 2020
52 posts
91 upvotes
I bought 2 and they’re great. I use for two lamps. I only found yellow light though, wanted the white light :(
Jul 14, 2016
110 posts
82 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Local Dollarama now has several types of USB-C cables, including a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone adaptor for $4, in case you a new device with only USB-C.
At the same time, a genuine Apple one is 9$, and they're excellent quality. Some android devices have the max volume too low so depending on what you're using it for it might not be ideal, but for me max volume is around where I'd like it to be so meh. They also work plug and play on Windows, using the USB C to A adapter.
moto g 5g, on LineageOS (in an otterbox case because gorilla glass is too much of a luxury for motorola) moto g8 power, on public mobile's 120$ with tax 12GB plan/3 mths
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9174 posts
2811 upvotes
London
Philips has a great reputation.

Just stay away from any Globe LED bulbs. I used a few outdoor ones with the day/night style and most have failed within a year, and the grow lights have a similar failure rate. Reminds me of the early days of LEDs when most were crap.