[Dollarama] Deck stain $4 get it while it's HOTTTT

Price:
$4
Savings:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Insane deal on brown deck and fence, looks like solid brown. I bought of them becsuse my fence is worn out and only solid stain will do the job.

They also have semi transparent stain.

One jug can stain 700sqft.

I bought mine in Hamilton.
Images
  • IMG_20200805_182933.jpg
  • IMG_20200805_183212.jpg
67 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4969 posts
1748 upvotes
$4 is a hot price but I doubt the effectiveness of this product. might not be worth all the cleaning effort. now and to remove it in the future
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1689 posts
8943 upvotes
Waiting for Dollarama brand wall paint and people thinking $4 is hot for that...

Not everything is worth cheaping out on.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2933 posts
1663 upvotes
I have never seen this before. Interesting.. so it looks like you just hook up a hose and it creates a mix as it sprays I guess.

I may have to check out local stores for it at this price.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6033 posts
5042 upvotes
Calgary
This stuff is 50$ at CT and 60$ at Rona
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1633 posts
982 upvotes
Ottawa
Review like crap at Canadian tire and Lowe’s.... there is a reason it showed up at the dollar store.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16642 posts
5921 upvotes
BenK wrote: $4 is a hot price but I doubt the effectiveness of this product. might not be worth all the cleaning effort. now and to remove it in the future
Came here to say this, if its quality then its a steal, if its junk then its worse than free.
Dollarama is very get what you pay for. Sometimes you find a diamond in the rough but the cost of this one failing is too high.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3570 posts
2143 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Not worth it. a Bad stain can be a mess forever... Not to mention the lazy method of this is just not going to stain and seal your deck correctly. Only thing missing here is Seen on TV lol
---
Feb 6, 2007
360 posts
194 upvotes
It’s a rustoleum sub brand sold at Crappy tire here in Canada and Home Depot in the us. The applicator sucks but it’s not bad if you have a sprayer and dilute it appropriately. Great price but is a pain to use as as lots of over spray and poor applicator. Online reviews seem to support the same view.
Oct 19, 2003
286 posts
86 upvotes
Please get some superdeck from Sherwin on sale...
Nov 23, 2007
363 posts
25 upvotes
I'm worried about these products. I can imagine my dumb neighbour over-spraying their side, caking the ground, grass, stones, house, etc on my side.
RedFlagSTEALS: 2020 - nothing major....yet ;)
Jun 1, 2008
300 posts
192 upvotes
London
NEMESIS_2008 wrote: Insane deal on brown deck and fence, looks like solid brown. I bought of them becsuse my fence is worn out and only solid stain will do the job.

They also have semi transparent stain.

One jug can stain 700sqft.

I bought mine in Hamilton.
Have you considered pressure washing your fence or deck or using a 50/50 mix of clorox bleach and water to remove the grey mildew? If you don't mind brown painted wood then by all means carry on. For people that enjoy a nice wood finish:

- Pressure wash fence

or

- Bleach fence

Don't forget to stain to protect the finish afterwards otherwise mildew will grow and discolor it again.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2279 posts
515 upvotes
Gta
Will this stuff work on an old cast iron/wood outdoor bench? The wood is really faded and should be treated but I know nothing about how to do it. Just wondering this is good enough to do it on the cheap?
Koodo member
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4042 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
The reason why I bought 4 of them is if it actually works great, I win and save hundreds of dollars because I want to stain my fence and it's well over 2000sqft.

If it is crap, it's only a $16 loss.

Even the store employees were asking me to report back to them in how well it went.

I'm willing to take the risk. I'm looking at not using the hose end spray and just dilute it with the proper water ratio and use my pump sprayer to spray it on.

I report back on the results after this weekend
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4042 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
boomsly wrote: Have you considered pressure washing your fence or deck or using a 50/50 mix of clorox bleach and water to remove the grey mildew? If you don't mind brown painted wood then by all means carry on. For people that enjoy a nice wood finish:

- Pressure wash fence

or

- Bleach fence

Don't forget to stain to protect the finish afterwards otherwise mildew will grow and discolor it again.

Wow the video with the guy bleaching the fence is amazing. Had no idea it can remove the ugly worn out colour.