989 posts
880 upvotes

[Dollarama] Dollarama - $2 K'Nex Super Mario blind bags

Price:
$2
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Dollarama has some K'Nex Super Mario blind bags. These could make a great and cheap stocking stuffer for the gamer in your life.
The good news is that by looking at the codes on the back, you know which figure is inside. I got the figure decoding information from this website, and its dead simple.
The big printed code on the back of the bag, 0517223, has one number underlined for each character. So for example, the underlined 0 would be Mario. The character-to-code order is:

0 Mario
5 Ghostbuster Luigi
1 Purple Toad
7 Cat Peach
2 Red Yoshi
2 Cannon Luigi
3 Mario Maker

So if you want Ghostbuster Luigi, look for the underlined 5. You can also tell which character is in which bag by look and feel in some cases, I could easily tell the Cannon Luigi by the square inside and the green hue from the piece on the bag itself. I haven't seen these in many Dollaramas yet, so good luck!
20181222_125224.jpg
mariobag10.jpg
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
20 replies
Nov 27, 2018
44 posts
67 upvotes
Probably not going to go get them but great post and the legend is ... DARY. Legendary! *thumbs up*
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2410 posts
1632 upvotes
Good to know. Thx OP. Want princess peach
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
989 posts
880 upvotes
starscreamX wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 3:23 pm
Thx OP. Just series 10 available?
Well that's all I've seen at my local Dollarama recently.
Feb 21, 2011
35 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Grabbed 6, and just looking for #5 now in Scarborough.
Mar 22, 2011
621 posts
166 upvotes
I saw a #5 at the Lawrence and Weston location (Toronto). A lot of #2's. Hard to find a princess peach but I got one of the last ones at that store.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1549 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
any downtown Toronto sightings?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9663 posts
4370 upvotes
I like grabbing these sets.Bought a few different sets from dr over the years thanks.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Nov 27, 2018
12 posts
BernardRyder wrote: Dollarama has some K'Nex Super Mario blind bags. These could make a great and cheap stocking stuffer for the gamer in your life.
The good news is that by looking at the codes on the back, you know which figure is inside. I got the figure decoding information from this website, and its dead simple.
The big printed code on the back of the bag, 0517223, has one number underlined for each character. So for example, the underlined 0 would be Mario. The character-to-code order is:

0 Mario
5 Ghostbuster Luigi
1 Purple Toad
7 Cat Peach
2 Red Yoshi
2 Cannon Luigi
3 Mario Maker

So if you want Ghostbuster Luigi, look for the underlined 5. You can also tell which character is in which bag by look and feel in some cases, I could easily tell the Cannon Luigi by the square inside and the green hue from the piece on the bag itself. I haven't seen these in many Dollaramas yet, so good luck!
20181222_125224.jpg
mariobag10.jpg
My printed code is different then the one u posted but it’s the same figures tho why that
Aug 19, 2009
277 posts
121 upvotes
was at the ken/law locale and of the 25+ kits i rifled through there was only one peach.
methinks they made peach in limited qualities to get people to buy more with the expectation that they wouldn't know the underlined number trick as mentioned by bernardryder.
my 4 yr. old had some limited fun putting them all together.

2 things of note:
these figures don't do a good job of standing up by themselves with the inverted legs and unbalanced upper torsos/accessories.
the tail for peach is not form fitting as every other piece, as it keeps falling out with any slight movement/handling.

overall though, i'm happy with all 7 (albeit not with the $15.xx price) as they'll look nice alongside my nintendo games.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
989 posts
880 upvotes
ibloodyoup wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 8:13 pm
was at the ken/law locale and of the 25+ kits i rifled through there was only one peach.
methinks they made peach in limited qualities to get people to buy more with the expectation that they wouldn't know the underlined number trick as mentioned by bernardryder.
my 4 yr. old had some limited fun putting them all together.

2 things of note:
these figures don't do a good job of standing up by themselves with the inverted legs and unbalanced upper torsos/accessories.
the tail for peach is not form fitting as every other piece, as it keeps falling out with any slight movement/handling.

overall though, i'm happy with all 7 (albeit not with the $15.xx price) as they'll look nice alongside my nintendo games.
Yeah these are K'Nex, which unfortunately doesn't compare to Lego or even MegaBlocks. But they have the Nintendo licence, so it is what it is.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
989 posts
880 upvotes
ibloodyoup wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 8:13 pm
2 things of note:
OK so the Peach cat tail needs to be pushed in to her tail hole (wow this sounds so wrong when explaining) for it to stay. It has a notch, so I popped her legs off and pushed it in as hard as I could and the tail snapped in place. Her tail is now attached and doesn't fall off.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4011 posts
1564 upvotes
Toronto
lol that's a sneaky looking Mario for series 10, gone check for these tomorrow
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Jul 15, 2009
171 posts
51 upvotes
Found em all except for luigi. Very easy to tell which is which by touch. You can even see through the back a little. I went in and put all the toad and cannon ones aside first then pawed up the rest like a friggin weirdo.