Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Dollarama Deals (Sept 13, 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 1:07 pm
Dec 2, 2004
922 posts
766 upvotes
cpfan wrote: My wife found this chopper in the Fonthill Ont Dollarama yesterday. Apparently they had lots. We have been looking it for a couple of months (including at this store).
Does it work well? Pros and cons would be appreciated.

Is this Video an accurate representation of what it can do?
Nov 10, 2011
570 posts
484 upvotes
St. Catharines
frugal69 wrote: Does it work well? Pros and cons would be appreciated.

Is this Video an accurate representation of what it can do?
Yes, I think that the video is realistic. The blades in the video are different from the trio of blades in the Dollarama one though.

A bit of history ... our son & d-i-l got a similar chopper for Xmas from a relative. They finally tried it early in the pandemic, and are happy with it. They showed it to my wife at the end of July when she was there to dog-sit for a week. She called me, and wanted to buy the one from Amazon that was the same as theirs (I think it was $35-40). I balked a bit and ended up getting a T-Fal one from Cdn Tire ($20, currently $33 on Amazon) because I had CdnTire money that I wasn't spending. Shortly after that I learned of the $4 Dollarama one, but we had been unable to find it until this week. So far, we have bought three...one for us, one for my wife's sister, and a third as a spare for us. Yes we now own three of this style of chopper.

Results ... we have only used the Dollarama one a couple of times. Chopped onions nicely today, but leaves some pieces bigger than others. Based on the video, I probably should be putting more onion chunks in the chopper. I just wanted a bit of green pepper chopped and it didn't work well. I think the pepper was sitting below the bottom blade. With the T-Fal one we have also chopped celery, mushrooms, carrots, hard boiled eggs, and probably something else.

Pro...it's easy. Pull the string a couple of times. If it's not chopped enough, pull the string again.
Con...I did about half a pepper with the T-Fal one even though I only wanted a bit. When I took the container out of the fridge a day or two later, the chopped pepper was kinda wet and not looking great. I used some of it and threw the rest out. I probably pulled the cutter once or twice too often.

Hope this helps. For $4, I definitely suggest buying one. The real cost is visiting Dollarama stores repeatedly looking for the darn thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Oct 7, 2007
90 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aznduk wrote: Yeah it’s pretty small. I’ll upload a picture in a bit.
Images
  • 89C42F7D-84B6-4049-8D9A-EB2F6A7D3FE8.jpeg
Sep 16, 2012
188 posts
146 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Didi_beee wrote: Richmond Hill Bayview and Major Mac

The penguin is by Wild Republic and sings and claps if you’re happy and you know it.
Wild Republic Sing & Play Happy Penguin Plush Toy, Animated Stuffed Animal That Claps... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FXVTBR6/ref ... zFbXCD1ZV2

Star wars book:
Star Wars: A Scanimation Book: Iconic Scenes from a Galaxy Far, Far Away... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/0761158464/ref ... zFbPHFDBW7
also at bayview and major mac... not sure why you would want to backlight your tv tho.
Images
  • IMG_20200925_143215916.jpg
Sep 8, 2016
146 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
bttmfdr wrote: also at bayview and major mac... not sure why you would want to backlight your tv tho.
Nice find, there are a lot of articles online on why you would want to add backlighting to the tv.

“By placing a light behind the television, you are raising the average ambient light in the room and reducing the strain on your eyes, meaning you can watch television or work for longer without all the negative side effects. As an added bonus, your perception of the contrast on the display will increase.”
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/reduce-eye- ... -lighting/
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2315 posts
591 upvotes
Gta
cpfan wrote: I don't disagree with your suggestion, and would use that for veggies. I'm just looking for something a bit better than a ziploc. It kinda depends what I'm putting in there, and I can't really remember right now why I wanted these dry sacs (I'm not planning a trip down the Grand Canyon in a raft). I recall putting a rubbermaid tub in a cooler with some non-food stuff in it because it made it easier to carry and ending up with a little water in the Rubbermaid tub. I might end up with a camera lens in one occasionally (it looks the right shape), but I've got a decent camera bag (actually two), so that's not a real need.
Not sure if you know but they have large and extra large size ziploc bags at dollarama. I use them to store my yarn. They are great for storing larger items . Nice thick plastic too.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2315 posts
591 upvotes
Gta
aznduk wrote: Found some Inside pickering town centre and 9275 Markham rd Dollaramas
Geez..every time I think I’m done with buying stuff at dollarama for a while, someone posts something like this and I’m pulled back in again!
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1278 posts
314 upvotes
bttmfdr wrote: also at bayview and major mac... not sure why you would want to backlight your tv tho.
USB?
Jun 11, 2005
459 posts
15 upvotes
Woodbridge
Has anyone seen the Emsa mug in the GTA?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2333 posts
2785 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jenn17 wrote:
Nice find, there are a lot of articles online on why you would want to add backlighting to the tv.

“By placing a light behind the television, you are raising the average ambient light in the room and reducing the strain on your eyes, meaning you can watch television or work for longer without all the negative side effects. As an added bonus, your perception of the contrast on the display will increase.”
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/reduce-eye- ... -lighting/
If bias lighting is recommended to reduce eye strain, why do movie theaters not have it? I'm curious to know about people who have bias lighting and how well it actually works.
May 21, 2012
28 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Any one still see those flexible phone holders in the GTA area? Or wear I can get one cheap?
Dec 24, 2010
145 posts
37 upvotes
has anyone seen the 'non contact tool key chain' and mask extender in Calgary? if yes location and dept?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2391 posts
1237 upvotes
Winnipeg
Found this to be quite bright. Nice lil stand & hook on the back.
Images
  • IMG_0507.JPG
  • IMG_0508.JPG
Mar 14, 2005
511 posts
158 upvotes
Have a few of these, they are bright but they eat the three aaa's in them.
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
scoutermike wrote: Have a few of these, they are bright but they eat the three aaa's in them.
Have u seen any deals on rechargeable AA's or AAA's? Thinking Face

Its 2020 and why haven't all the battery companies switched over to rechargeable? Thinking Face So weird... I remember there was a charger infomercial that could charge alkaline batteries safely... It was later also seen in the UK... Anyone else seen this?
The infomercial had a "engineering professor" with crazy hair who invented it. I bet one of the big battery companies bought his company and killed the whole concept...