Expired Hot Deals

Dollarama

Dollarama Deals - Special Edition BBQ & Grill (June 24, 2022)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3676 posts
9863 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Dollarama] Dollarama Deals - Special Edition BBQ & Grill (June 24, 2022)

Summer is here so what better way than to make a Dollarama Deals Special Edition on everything BBQ and grill!

Vancouver is expected to get a heat wave starting today and over the weekend. Crank those BBQs and air conditioners! I've set up my two Costco Danby ones already.

The Special Edition threads will include products in specific categories (ie. Seasonal, gardening, toys, etc) and events (ie. Christmas, Halloween, etc).

The majority of these products are "made-for-Dollarama".

Share your experience with any of the products you have tried so others can know if it's worth the buy!

If anyone's tried those BBQ mitts/gloves let me know how they are. I've been looking for some really good oven mitts. I'm always impressed by what the Costco staff use with the rotisserie chicken. Theirs are like waterproof and probably heat proof to 800 degrees lol! Maybe a restaurant supply store will have them...

Previous Special Edition Dollarama Deals thread here: dollarama-dollarama-deals-special-editi ... #p36120620

Previous regular Dollarama Deals thread here: dollarama-dollarama-deals-jun-20-2022-2 ... #p36199591
Images
  • 20220605_134846.jpg
  • 20220605_134850.jpg
  • 20220605_134855.jpg
  • 20220605_134859.jpg
  • 20220605_134905.jpg
  • 20220605_134910.jpg
  • 20220605_134918.jpg
  • 20220605_134923.jpg
  • 20220605_134928.jpg
  • 20220605_134936.jpg
  • 20220605_134941.jpg
  • 20220605_134949.jpg
  • 20220605_134955.jpg
  • 20220605_135004.jpg
  • 20220605_135028.jpg
  • 20220605_135048.jpg
  • 20220605_135055.jpg
  • 20220605_135107.jpg
  • 20220605_135123.jpg
  • 20220605_135128.jpg
  • 20220605_135145.jpg
  • 20220605_135156.jpg
  • 20220605_135207.jpg
  • 20220605_135238.jpg
  • 20220605_135250.jpg
  • 20220605_135254.jpg
  • 20220605_135317.jpg
  • 20220605_135342.jpg
  • 20220605_135348.jpg
  • 20220605_135352.jpg
  • 20220605_135401.jpg
  • 20220605_135413.jpg
  • 20220605_135423.jpg
  • 20220605_135428.jpg
  • 20220605_135432.jpg
  • 20220605_135443.jpg
  • 20220605_135455.jpg
  • 20220605_135502.jpg
  • 20220605_135510.jpg
  • 20220605_135309.jpg
Thread Summary
20 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3676 posts
9863 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Few more:

Also, those squeeze bottles are just as good as the OXO ones.....just kidding! I wouldn't wanna offend the OXO fanboys/girls! (I love OXO btw)
Images
  • 20220605_135526.jpg
  • 20220605_135551.jpg
  • 20220605_135538.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2038 posts
426 upvotes
I purchased the BBQ spatula about 3 weeks ago. Really like the long 8" blade.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Sr. Member
May 17, 2011
719 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
@stovetop See leevalley.com for excellent bbq gloves similar to what you see the costco people using. My husband has a pair of the long ones for when needing to move anything off the rotisserie. A bit of an overkill for everyday grilling though.

Also, I'm going to look for that hotdog griller. Absolutely not a need to have but might make it easier all around.
Member
Nov 1, 2017
248 posts
226 upvotes
Has anyone noticed any disposable grills this year?
They had some last season for $3.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3676 posts
9863 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jrshopper wrote: @stovetop See leevalley.com for excellent bbq gloves similar to what you see the costco people using. My husband has a pair of the long ones for when needing to move anything off the rotisserie. A bit of an overkill for everyday grilling though.

Also, I'm going to look for that hotdog griller. Absolutely not a need to have but might make it easier all around.
Thanks. It looks like they only have 2 types; both which don't go past 350 degrees and are not waterproof

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ki ... ven-gloves
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ki ... afe-gloves
Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2017
934 posts
880 upvotes
This is all made for dollarama brand/quality correct?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3676 posts
9863 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Bidjaan wrote: This is all made for dollarama brand/quality correct?
Correct. The special edition threads are usually like that.
Sr. Member
May 17, 2011
719 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
stovetop wrote: Thanks. It looks like they only have 2 types; both which don't go past 350 degrees and are not waterproof

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ki ... ven-gloves
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ki ... afe-gloves
For the second one, it's 350 Celsius, 660 Fahrenheit. I didn't look at the first.
If you're cooking higher than that then I don't know what gloves would help. :-)

As for waterproof, it does say "Made with an aramid exterior (the same insulating material used in firefighting gear) and a comfortable polyester/cotton lining, they stretch to fit most adult hands and provide excellent protection." so I'd guess they are fairly resistant to water. Curious as why you'd want waterproof?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3676 posts
9863 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jrshopper wrote: For the second one, it's 350 Celsius, 660 Fahrenheit. I didn't look at the first.
If you're cooking higher than that then I don't know what gloves would help. :-)

As for waterproof, it does say "Made with an aramid exterior (the same insulating material used in firefighting gear) and a comfortable polyester/cotton lining, they stretch to fit most adult hands and provide excellent protection." so I'd guess they are fairly resistant to water. Curious as why you'd want waterproof?
Sorry, I think I misread...500 Fahrenheit would suffice since I think my oven only goes up to that.

I wanted something that is easily washable as sometimes the glove dips into oil at the bottom of a sheet pan. I find the fabric mitts sometimes get all nasty.
Sr. Member
May 17, 2011
719 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
stovetop wrote: ...
I wanted something that is easily washable as sometimes the glove dips into oil at the bottom of a sheet pan. I find the fabric mitts sometimes get all nasty.
fwiw I've washed ours and they came up great. Way better than my kitchen mitts which never look clean.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
1623 posts
4513 upvotes
Montreal
Mostly normal seasonal things.

Random Life hack, get those BBQ grill mats and cut them to size for your oven/air fryer and you got a reusable heat resistant liner instead of always using aluminum foil.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
11857 posts
5825 upvotes
azn0Richard0 wrote: Mostly normal seasonal things.

Random Life hack, get those BBQ grill mats and cut them to size for your oven/air fryer and you got a reusable heat resistant liner instead of always using aluminum foil.
Exactly its a great tip. We use them in our ninja oven and smaller air fryer. Works great.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1816 posts
1618 upvotes
Ontario
azn0Richard0 wrote: Mostly normal seasonal things.

Random Life hack, get those BBQ grill mats and cut them to size for your oven/air fryer and you got a reusable heat resistant liner instead of always using aluminum foil.
Is that picture 28?
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
1623 posts
4513 upvotes
Montreal
RichRFD wrote: Is that picture 28?
I believe so. Those roll of 2 Betty Crocker BBQ Mats.
Newbie
Sep 8, 2017
34 posts
26 upvotes
I've had one of the bamboo grill scrapers for a few seasons, and it has been great - better than my $50 one from BBQ Galore. It is thin enough to get in the space between the grill bars. Good deal.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
24235 posts
13606 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Dollarma oven gloves last year. They are kind of small. Otherwise they do work.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3676 posts
9863 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: I bought the Dollarma oven gloves last year. They are kind of small. Otherwise they do work.
Which ones did u get? The bbq ones that look like a glove or the cotton mitt ones?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)