[OP]
Jul 15, 2006
78 posts
63 upvotes

[Dollarama] Dollarama, Philips Rechargeable AA battery $4 YMMV

Price:
$4
More offers from Dollarama
Saw these at St. Laurent Mall in Ottawa. Got the last two packages there.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
20 replies
Jul 13, 2016
128 posts
189 upvotes
Not bad, Ikea rechargeable are $2.50 each although they're 2450mAh not 2000, so about 25% larger: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ladda-rech ... -70303876/

Amazon Basics are the same capacity as these Plilips, at about $2.20 each regular price:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007B9NV8Q/ref ... LFbM635VGW

I've never seen Philips batteries before but they do seem to produce very high quality LED light bulbs. Their bulbs don't flicker badly like the poorly rectified off-brand ones do. People don't even know that they're getting bad headaches and eye strain because of it.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2632 posts
2810 upvotes
GTA
I'm guessing these are average performance. The three letters that stand out:

MIC
c'mon get happy!
Nov 22, 2017
142 posts
153 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I'm guessing these are average performance. The three letters that stand out:

MIC
You get what you're paying for. Some Eneloop batteries are made in Japan but they are $5 each.
Oct 4, 2019
33 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
I had some of these in AAA and used them in cordless phones, which is a harsh environment for any battery. Lasted ~3 years, especially being the cheapest rechargeable AAAs I've found at the time (bought from walmart.ca for $8 as a 4 pack). Definitely a great buy if you're looking for some decent rechargeables.
Sep 28, 2007
234 posts
154 upvotes
Dextream wrote: Hi, any in Montreal ?
I have seen them in a couple of locations in Montreal. Dollarama didn't have a charger for sale with them.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2632 posts
2810 upvotes
GTA
IKEA Ladda batteries are about $9 for a 4-pack, are MIJ, and very good performing LSD batteries
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2517 posts
902 upvotes
Ottawa
RudyRFD wrote: You get what you're paying for. Some Eneloop batteries are made in Japan but they are $5 each.
I bought into the Eneloop hype years ago when they were all made in Japan and people were posting Eneloop deals on RFD. I don't think I've even got 100 charges on most of them and some of them are testing at 1000mah or even 780 mah. Granted they are like 10 years old now, but not even close to the rated amount of recharges. They've been underwhelming, so I just buy which ever is cheaper.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1088 posts
916 upvotes
Vancouver
eugene188 wrote: I bought into the Eneloop hype years ago when they were all made in Japan and people were posting Eneloop deals on RFD. I don't think I've even got 100 charges on most of them and some of them are testing at 1000mah or even 780 mah. Granted they are like 10 years old now, but not even close to the rated amount of recharges. They've been underwhelming, so I just buy which ever is cheaper.
Invest in a good charger with reconditioning if not already and you can probably rescue most of them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5037 posts
5835 upvotes
I have a LaCrosse charger to charge and condition all my eneloop and other white top and black top duraloop. The eneloop are good, but some black top don't hold charge anymore. If the batteries are already bad, there is nothing the charger can do.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8725 posts
5100 upvotes
Toronto
eugene188 wrote: I bought into the Eneloop hype years ago when they were all made in Japan and people were posting Eneloop deals on RFD. I don't think I've even got 100 charges on most of them and some of them are testing at 1000mah or even 780 mah. Granted they are like 10 years old now, but not even close to the rated amount of recharges. They've been underwhelming, so I just buy which ever is cheaper.
Maybe you got unlucky, I still have Eneloops from the early days of RFD and Dell Days of Deals that still hold a decent charge.
YoulianT73552 wrote: What are MIC and MIJ?
Made in China / Japan