Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2540 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa
a_dee wrote:
Invest in a good charger with reconditioning if not already and you can probably rescue most of them.
I have one of those 4 bay battery chargers that I use for my Li-Ions and it does the "test" and "NOR test" modes. But it seems like the internal resistance is probably too high on the eneloops. I recall some of them we well over 1000, while I have some new batteries that are under 100.
Angultra wrote: Maybe you got unlucky, I still have Eneloops from the early days of RFD and Dell Days of Deals that still hold a decent charge.
Oh of course I got unlucky with my whole first batch. I always get unlucky. Bought my first car and it came with a small gash on the window sill. My luck is always crap when I buy things I can't see/test before .
Nov 7, 2014
749 posts
345 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
eugene188 wrote: I have one of those 4 bay battery chargers that I use for my Li-Ions and it does the "test" and "NOR test" modes. But it seems like the internal resistance is probably too high on the eneloops. I recall some of them we well over 1000, while I have some new batteries that are under 100.

Oh of course I got unlucky with my whole first batch. I always get unlucky. Bought my first car and it came with a small gash on the window sill. My luck is always crap when I buy things I can't see/test before .
My enelops still charge to 2000maH and are probably a decade old too. Mind you it is infrequent usage typically. My expensive charger thinks they are dead sometimes (threw out good batteries for no reason!) if they are too discharged but still charge up fine on my old 4 channel enelop charger.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2540 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa
panckage wrote: My enelops still charge to 2000maH and are probably a decade old too. Mind you it is infrequent usage typically. My expensive charger thinks they are dead sometimes (threw out good batteries for no reason!) if they are too discharged but still charge up fine on my old 4 channel enelop charger.
I guess I could try using the old eneloop charger I guess.

I have a Zanflare 4 bay charger, don't know why it wouldn't get 2000mah...or even something close.
Jul 4, 2018
508 posts
418 upvotes
AbbyShabby wrote: made in China / Japan

the later is prefered
Yup.

Mij is preferred from practically any/every manufacturing things. There's a good reason for it. Last ive heard japan gave very good incentives for japanese brands to move manufacturing back to Japan. Hopefully we get better quality products SOON like prior to the 90s.

but are we consumers willing to shell out for better quality? Lolz...i'd imagine people will be crying for higher pricing in the future.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2639 posts
500 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Thanks OP

I'll keep a lookout for these next time I'm at Dollarama