Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Dollarama: Security camera decoys $4.00

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 12:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3434 posts
5442 upvotes
GTA North

[Dollarama] Dollarama: Security camera decoys $4.00

Spotted this while getting a phone charging cable for a relative. Was surprised to see that being sold.in the store.
Images
  • Screenshot_2020-02-21-20-46-44.png
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
36 replies
Apr 16, 2019
570 posts
678 upvotes
Better to put one of these mounted than having nothing I guess :)
Jul 12, 2019
214 posts
817 upvotes
This fake security camera will go well with my fake house.
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4088 posts
346 upvotes
Buy 100 and put them all over the place lol
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2414 posts
2728 upvotes
hey you laugh but these babys are all over the place in retail stores.... they do work to scare shoplifters
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3933 posts
6298 upvotes
Langley, BC
Perfect for the bathrooms at work

On a serious note: will get a few for the side and back of my house.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2054 posts
1709 upvotes
Pickering
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Spotted this while getting a phone charging cable for a relative. Was surprised to see that being sold.in the store.

They've had these in store for several years. Same price.

dollarama-fake-bullet-security-cameras- ... 4-2150431/
dollarama-dollarama-dummy-security-came ... 3-2320832/
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB + $50/50GB/BYOD
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1126 posts
217 upvotes
If you going to hang one up, might as make the hanging time/effort worth with real camera.
Wyze cam is very good option, run an extension cord or mount it beside outdoor light and share power via bulb/socket adapter.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2414 posts
2728 upvotes
sonajatt wrote: If you going to hang one up, might as make the hanging time/effort worth with real camera.
Wyze cam is very good option, run an extension cord or mount it beside outdoor light and share power via bulb/socket adapter.
I mean its a cost thing also. 4 bucks and a 1 minute job
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2963 posts
388 upvotes
This been sold at dollar store for almost 2 years now, really don’t think these are so-call deal, regular priced deal at best
Look here
Oct 21, 2009
852 posts
749 upvotes
So, what's the video quality on these things? At $4 it's probably going to be quite dark
Sep 8, 2019
33 posts
34 upvotes
meemo wrote: So, what's the video quality on these things? At $4 it's probably going to be quite dark
Extremely dark. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

I couldn't see any video captured at all!!
Dec 22, 2016
384 posts
348 upvotes
SW Ontario
meemo wrote: So, what's the video quality on these things? At $4 it's probably going to be quite dark
🤭

Dollarama] Dollarama: Security camera decoys$4.00
Dec 25, 2012
786 posts
1147 upvotes
Ontario
or pay $30 more and buy a wyze that is a real camera and have some real protection.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
9341 posts
1313 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't it Illegal to have these mounted? I know my condo had these and they ripped them off as if there was a crime and the police noted a camera there but you don't have the footage for it...you could be charged.... YMMV I guess
Heat 43-0-0
Mar 16, 2006
246 posts
85 upvotes
Milton
oicthat2013 wrote: everyone knows that cameras do not deter crime or opportunists
So some guy did a study and another guy wrote an article about it therefore it is fact. That's crazy. Sure, violent crimes aren't likely to be deterred by cctv as they are often unplanned and related to someone's emotions but you can bet your ass that businesses and homes without cameras are an easier and more likely target for thieves than those that have cameras. Many of today's commercial surveillance ip cameras also offer smart analytics to detect people entering or nearing restricted areas and provide real time alerts enabling proactive surveillance.

All that being said, decoy cams are a bad idea. You'll feel pretty stupid If something were to happen at your property. If you have something or someone to protect you should put up some real cameras.
Mar 5, 2013
434 posts
530 upvotes
Kitchener
I have a camera setup I have to install, mixing in the decoys may be a good idea. Harder to tell which are real and which aren't.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2569 posts
3913 upvotes
West
Had a decoy camera... then a home invasion happened across the street and the occupant was restrained against their will.

The police were not impressed when they came knocking for footage and were told it wasn't real.

Thankfully, there are some very affordable solutions these days (i.e. Ring); needless to say, the house now has some real cameras.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)