1522 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

[Dollarama] Dollarama: Small drip irrigation kit $4.00

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Found a drip irrigation kit for $4.00

Can't upload photos yet as I'm low on data.

EDIT:

Will upload when I get home
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 18th, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added retailer
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
22 replies
Sep 22, 2016
203 posts
282 upvotes
Sounds like a good deal, but can't upvote yet because you're low on data Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8735 posts
8871 upvotes
Great for small gardens.

I wonder what will happen in 2025 when every street corner has Dollarama and @JackWhyte is still raising his fist in defiance against the lack of generous 90-day returns on things like $0.50 can of sardines.

Bless his heart.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
2772 posts
193 upvotes
Brantford
Waiting for photos and confirmation as to which region this can be found
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1925 posts
1522 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Sorry for the delay.

Here are the photos.

EDIT:

Keeps saying 'HTTP ERROR' when I try to upload. Anyone else getting that? On an LG G4 using chrome browser.

EDIT 2:

Photos uploaded.
Images
  • 20190612_113720.jpg
  • 20190612_113734.jpg
  • Screenshot_2019-06-18-15-52-51.png
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Jun 18th, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5600 posts
3430 upvotes
Toronto
Low data + HTTP ERROR = Volcano HOT!!!!

Thanks OP, got one for my sister!!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1925 posts
1522 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
roblombardi wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 3:54 pm
Low data + HTTP ERROR = Volcano HOT!!!!

Thanks OP, got one for my sister!!
Well how about you opening up your hotspot then if you have a lot of data. Not everyone has a big data plan.

[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1925 posts
1522 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
cannon_fodder wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 3:45 pm
Waiting for photos and confirmation as to which region this can be found
Found at either (Toronto) Peanut Plaza or Bridlewood Mall when I saw it.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5600 posts
3430 upvotes
Toronto
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 3:56 pm
Well how about you opening up your hotspot
Sorry, I'm engaged
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jan 7, 2013
7 posts
5 upvotes
VICTORIA
Hi there,

Bought two sets over this summer and last (so an annual "deal"). The irrigation set is generally okay, but the connector for the main water tap is a nightmare - it leaks everywhere (even with two washers) and is made of brittle plastic that will crack if I force it too much. Would warn people away from this set as a main irrigation set-up. Might be good to extend a professional set farther (maybe)?

I'm up for suggestions on how to make this irrigation set use-able. Right now I have it threaded through my garden, but cannot connect it without leaking to the wall.
Oct 8, 2016
27 posts
19 upvotes
Depending on what might be in stock at a store, they might have some with different packaging. Seems like the exact same product but a different box. And the price is $3.5. Picked one up a week or so ago.
Sep 22, 2016
203 posts
282 upvotes
EdZegRFD wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 2:00 pm
Sounds like a good deal, but can't upvote yet because you're low on data Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
OP Delivered pics.
Upvote has been granted.
Oct 3, 2005
223 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton
libraCDN wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 4:10 pm
Hi there,

Bought two sets over this summer and last (so an annual "deal"). The irrigation set is generally okay, but the connector for the main water tap is a nightmare - it leaks everywhere (even with two washers) and is made of brittle plastic that will crack if I force it too much. Would warn people away from this set as a main irrigation set-up. Might be good to extend a professional set farther (maybe)?

I'm up for suggestions on how to make this irrigation set use-able. Right now I have it threaded through my garden, but cannot connect it without leaking to the wall.
If you have a Lee Valley near you (or even if you don't - can always order online), check them out. Best prices for drip irrigation components otherwise, from what I've seen. (Only other place that was as good/better was South Valley in the south Okanagan part of BC, where they sell to orchards and such.)
Lee Valley Drip Irrigation
Water distribution components - probably what you need here, though I gather you'll need to adapt down to the 1/4" drip line that's in the Dollarama kit.

The usual routine is to run 1/2" or 5/8" black poly pipe (which is in the water distribution components page), then use a special hole punch to punch a hole in the poly pipe and either put a dripper directly into it, or use a barbed connector to branch off with 1/4" line and attach the dripper to that.
Last edited by milobloom on Jun 18th, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 15, 2014
248 posts
78 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Got two sets of these to extend my rain bird irrigation kit.

I also had issues with the plastic hose attachment which cracked immediately. I got a $6 hose connector from home depot instead which works great.

This kit really isnt usable on its own unless you are going for just a gravity fed system (i.e., pour water in a bucket which feeds the lines).

The pressure put into this system just blows apart the first connection in the line as the hose isnt firm enough to keep hold. I had to use my rain bird hose for the first 20' until it split into two seperate lines which was then low enough pressure for the dollarama kit to handle it.

If you just need additional pieces for your kit this is a great price as youll end up paying $10 for just a few drippers normally.