Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Drain buster

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 8:05 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2930 posts
2261 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Newbie
Dec 24, 2014
81 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
My kitchen sink got stuck and my super came up with this. I asked him where he got it, now I know!
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1580 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
I've just tried this out the other day, and it truly is horrible.
You'd think with that much room in that piston, there'll be lots of movement of water.
In reality, when I pulled up, it feels like it pulled in air, and when I pushed down, it pushed air into the drain.
Maybe with some modifications, it might work better, but not gonna waste my effort.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 9, 2010
2724 posts
903 upvotes
Windsor
althetrainer wrote: It doesn't look any easier than a regular plunger.

It's not. It is quite a bit cheaper than a good plunger, however.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1055 posts
457 upvotes
TORONTO
I need one of these. My wife constantly clogs the toilets with her massive poops..
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
10344 posts
4813 upvotes
akswun wrote: I need one of these. My wife constantly clogs the toilets with her massive poops..
lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 30, 2019
160 posts
195 upvotes
Online
jasonchewy wrote: I've just tried this out the other day, and it truly is horrible.
You'd think with that much room in that piston, there'll be lots of movement of water.
In reality, when I pulled up, it feels like it pulled in air, and when I pushed down, it pushed air into the drain.
Maybe with some modifications, it might work better, but not gonna waste my effort.
You sure there was a good seal? I recently bought one of these to tackle a clog that a regular plunger couldn't handle. With the drain buster, i just pushed the plunger into the hole, filled the toilet bowl with water and started going to town. The water in the bowl didn't bubble or go down the drain so the seal was pretty tight. You could feel the pressure from the buster as you pushed and pulled. Once the pressure gets "relieved", you're done. Crazy how i spent over 20 minutes plunging with my regular plunger (didn't do the trick) and about 3 minutes with the buster and it shot the shit out
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2007
691 posts
65 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: I recommend snaking your drain with one of those single piece plastic sticks (called zip-it or zip stick or something like that). I bought one a few years ago from homedepot and it cleared out my drains pretty damn well. It's reusable, and easy to clean and less likely to break. Mine looks like a sitck with holes punched out along the edge so It's less likely to catch on stuff. I can only find images of another type with barbs that stick out (more likely to get stuck).

WEAR A GAS MASK CAUSE YEARS OF DECOMPOSING HAIR AND GRIME WILL KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS.
Wish I read this before I did it myself. Bought what you have and man the smell from the drain. Almost threw up just from the smells.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1580 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
Gimmethedealio wrote: You sure there was a good seal? I recently bought one of these to tackle a clog that a regular plunger couldn't handle. With the drain buster, i just pushed the plunger into the hole, filled the toilet bowl with water and started going to town. The water in the bowl didn't bubble or go down the drain so the seal was pretty tight. You could feel the pressure from the buster as you pushed and pulled. Once the pressure gets "relieved", you're done. Crazy how i spent over 20 minutes plunging with my regular plunger (didn't do the trick) and about 3 minutes with the buster and it shot the shit out
yea, this was for my shower, so the water level might not be high enough for the plunger to suck it all up. but the plastic cup is pretty flimsy compared to a regular plunger's cup.

since you're correctly made proper use of it, then you can answer my question, so it's meant to suck up all the clogged water (s**ty water), and uses it to push down again through the clog?
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 30, 2019
160 posts
195 upvotes
Online
jasonchewy wrote: yea, this was for my shower, so the water level might not be high enough for the plunger to suck it all up. but the plastic cup is pretty flimsy compared to a regular plunger's cup.

since you're correctly made proper use of it, then you can answer my question, so it's meant to suck up all the clogged water (s**ty water), and uses it to push down again through the clog?
Ah yes, just make sure you're covering the overflow for the shower before you start plunging otherwise you won't be able to build up any pressure.

How big is your shower drain? Have you tried to use the little attachment for sinks? Might be helpful in fitment.

Yeah basically it just builds pressure in the pipes from the water that's currently in there until the clog is gone. If you have dirty water in the pipes, just let the faucet run until you are comfortable enough with plunging
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1432 posts
4912 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Lemmy wrote: I really need this. Both of my bathroom sinks are so clogged up.
Need to clean yer traps it sounds like. This should be done once every 6 months anyway
What's in your wallet?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7722 posts
1603 upvotes
Is Dollarama, anything worth anything is $4.
NowJoJo wrote: Price in title please!
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Member
Dec 7, 2009
282 posts
142 upvotes
Ajax
jasonchewy wrote: I've just tried this out the other day, and it truly is horrible.
You'd think with that much room in that piston, there'll be lots of movement of water.
In reality, when I pulled up, it feels like it pulled in air, and when I pushed down, it pushed air into the drain.
Maybe with some modifications, it might work better, but not gonna waste my effort.
See my technique above.
Plug the drain and fill the sink/toilet bowl/shower with clean water.
Sucks that clean water into your plunger (instead of filling your plunger with poop)
Use that water to push down the drain.
Repeat the process again and you have a clean plunger each time.
Worked well
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8627 posts
4991 upvotes
Toronto
You'll need the poop assassin to clean up after the drain buster does the dirty work.

Image
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2221 posts
1704 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not something you buy too often, so just spend a little more and get a good quality plunger that will last a long time. Job gets done quickly with a quality plunger over these cheap ones. Pretty sure you can move more water/air with one of the plungers in the link above, than with these. I have a similar one for nearly 20yrs, and it still works whenever I need it.

And for bathroom sinks, if you have one of those lever operated drain plugs, then get yourself one of those drain weasels, fixit drain cleaner sticks or similar one from anywhere... Odds are, they are full of hair... whenever the bathroom sinks drain slowly, I just reach underneath, unscrew the nut which holds the drain lever, and pull out the hair balls from there.. It's crazy on how much hair gathers on those drains.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)