Apr 19, 2018
57 posts
34 upvotes

[Dollarama] Foam Roller - $3.99

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Hey there,

So I was at my local Dollarama at Bathurst and Finch and I noticed they have these surprisingly nice foam rollers for $3.99 and I've bought similar ones for $30+ in the past. For this price you can't get a better foam roller in my opinion.
Images
  • Foam Roller Image 2.jpg
  • Foam Roller.jpg
23 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3046 posts
855 upvotes
Mississauga
Do not buy this. This is tiny, soft and not what a real roller should be like. Waste of $4.
Jan 19, 2013
264 posts
246 upvotes
yeah don't buy this .. last couple of months with the Dollarama hype , I ended up buying a lot of things from Dollarama Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes while some of them are really good , however this is not ( actually many of the sports goods are not worth buying ) .. this one is definitely not worth it , as the other people have commented , it is a waste of 4 $ , don't buy ..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6027 posts
643 upvotes
Ajax, ON
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 12:14 pm
Do not buy this. This is tiny, soft and not what a real roller should be like. Waste of $4.
Tiny and soft roller is what I'm looking for as my current roller is too hard, have to get used to it with a softer one first. Tiny is good so I can throw in my gym bag, not a fan of sharing the roller as I see people using them at the gym on their sweaty feet.
Last edited by Pr0metheus on Sep 3rd, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4308 posts
1457 upvotes
What do you guys think of the yoga mats at Dollarama? Lightly been considering.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9839 posts
4447 upvotes
different strokes for different folks. Its a decent deal.
I prefer harder and bigger (thats what she said) but for $4 if this what you are looking for then why spend $20
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6027 posts
643 upvotes
Ajax, ON
blazed16 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 12:46 pm
different strokes for different folks. Its a decent deal.
I prefer harder and bigger (thats what she said) but for $4 if this what you are looking for then why spend $20
Exactly. Good we know it's soft and small thanks to the feedback in this thread but that could be something someone is looking for.
Jan 19, 2013
264 posts
246 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 12:45 pm
What do you guys think of the yoga mats at Dollarama? Lightly been considering.
I got that one too Face With Tears Of Joy its not bad .. couple of things ... its a bit sticky , and when you work out on it , it kind of leaves an impression of your legs and arms and regains the shape slowly again .. but overall if you are doing yoga casually its really not bad .. ( later on during the Sportschek Employee sale I got a diadora one , which was on sale for 16 $ , with original price I think around 42 $ .. overall when I compare I don't feel the dollaram one is bad .. of course the diadora one is thicker and softer ) .. I think if you plan to do casually you can go for the dollarama one ...
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2850 posts
64 upvotes
Thornhill
They have two rollers with different patterns. The one I got is a bit more aggressive and pointy than what OP posted and it was a great buy.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4308 posts
1457 upvotes
anindyabecs wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 12:57 pm
I got that one too Face With Tears Of Joy its not bad .. couple of things ... its a bit sticky , and when you work out on it , it kind of leaves an impression of your legs and arms and regains the shape slowly again .. but overall if you are doing yoga casually its really not bad .. ( later on during the Sportschek Employee sale I got a diadora one , which was on sale for 16 $ , with original price I think around 42 $ .. overall when I compare I don't feel the dollaram one is bad .. of course the diadora one is thicker and softer ) .. I think if you plan to do casually you can go for the dollarama one ...
You're the best, thanks for chiming in. I can also appreciate that you can separate that the higher end one is clearly better, but the value proposition on the Dollarama one is still there and probably good enough for casual users. Glad you also scored a good deal. Thanks again!
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Oct 27, 2012
133 posts
193 upvotes
WINNIPEG
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 12:14 pm
Do not buy this.
anindyabecs wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 12:35 pm
yeah don't buy this ..
You guys are assuming you know what potential buyers want. Saying "don't buy this because it's soft"... well, what if the buyer wants soft?

Remember, this is a deals forum, where people post deals for people who want to save money. This is not a product review forum.

That being said.. this is a great deal for $4; this is the same foam roller that Costco sells, only it's 12" long instead of 24" long.

"Don't buy it because it's short"... well, what if I want short? I have 36" and 24" rollers at home; each has their purpose; so too does a 12".

"Don't buy it because it's soft"... well, what if I want soft? Also, "softness" is an opinion; what's soft to one may be hard to another. This particular roller has a hollow PVC core, which makes it "hard". A solid foam roller would be "soft".

UPDATE: I just bought one (they only had pink); can confirm, this is identical to the one Costco sold. Great find OP.
Jan 19, 2013
264 posts
246 upvotes
tfranczyk wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 1:22 pm
You guys are assuming you know what potential buyers want. Saying "don't buy this because it's soft"... well, what if the buyer wants soft?

Remember, this is a deals forum, where people post deals for people who want to save money. This is not a product review forum.

That being said.. this is a great deal for $4; this is the same foam roller that Costco sells, only it's 12" long instead of 24" long.

"Don't buy it because it's short"... well, what if I want short? I have 36" and 24" rollers at home; each has their purpose; so too does a 12".

"Don't buy it because it's soft"... well, what if I want soft? Also, "softness" is an opinion; what's soft to one may be hard to another. This particular roller has a hollow PVC core, which makes it "hard". A solid foam roller would be "soft".

UPDATE: I just bought one (they only had pink); can confirm, this is identical to the one Costco sold. Great find OP.
Totally agree with you , but see my point was don't buy something thats not worth it .. I felt the one at dollarama really bad , just a personal opinion ... just as bad as the badminton rackets there , it looks like it and probably you can make a shot or two with it but not worth it .. that being said if you think its useful that really nice to know ( btw just an fyi , costco also had a few sales on foam rollers generally around Feb when the winter gets over .. around 14 $ for 24 inch ones ) ..
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2420 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
Buying free dozens I can roll in my house