Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Free shipping July & August

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2021 5:51 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
SkimGuy wrote: [Infantile attempt at humour removed.]
Instead of wasting time creating mocking graphics, try to spend a moment to consider economic reality. In an effort to help I'll try to spell it out in simpler terms.
1. When everything at Dollarama was $1 the selection of products was limited and most of it was poor quality.
2. Raising the maximum price to $4 increased selection and quality, especially in housewares, electronics, hardware, etc.
3. Since raising the maximum price in the past resulted in an increase in product selection and quality, it's reasonable to assume the same result now, rather than just an excuse for a cash grab.
4. Product prices and shipping costs are rising around the world. Look at AliExpress pricing of similar products over the past year or two.
5. Dollarama is a for-profit business. They have to raise prices on some items in response to 4. just like everyone else.

If that's still too hard to understand, please ask and I'll try to dumb it down even further.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Squiggles wrote: Score! Been looking your these in bulk for garbage picking endeavours!!!! https://www.dollarama.com/en-CA/p-the-p ... ol/3013770
I bought a few Chinese ones because they were $8 shipped from Amazon and they fell apart in like a day.
I can't imagine that being $2.50 is going to be much better.
After the Chinese one I bought a Pic Stick and it works FAR better. But it's also $20+.
bylo wrote: quality
Don't get me wrong, $4 quality is better than $1 quality, but I never thought anyone would refer to anything Dollarama ever carried as "quality" in any meaningful sense of the word.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3467 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
death_hawk wrote: I bought a few Chinese ones because they were $8 shipped from Amazon and they fell apart in like a day.
I can't imagine that being $2.50 is going to be much better.
After the Chinese one I bought a Pic Stick and it works FAR better. But it's also $20+.

Don't get me wrong, $4 quality is better than $1 quality, but I never thought anyone would refer to anything Dollarama ever carried as "quality" in any meaningful sense of the word.
I've had these ones. Worth $2.50 for the kids to use a few times and then break. We are not professional garbage pickers, though I am hoping one of the kids will have what it takes to go pro.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
death_hawk wrote: Don't get me wrong, $4 quality is better than $1 quality, but I never thought anyone would refer to anything Dollarama ever carried as "quality" in any meaningful sense of the word.
I agree in general, especially for their normal stuff.

However, they also liquidate high quality name brand items at bargain prices. Areas where these sorts of deals can be found are electronics and computer accessories, housewares, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bylo wrote: Instead of wasting time creating mocking graphics, try to spend a moment to consider economic reality. In an effort to help I'll try to spell it out in simpler terms.
1. When everything at Dollarama was $1 the selection of products was limited and most of it was poor quality.
2. Raising the maximum price to $4 increased selection and quality, especially in housewares, electronics, hardware, etc.
3. Since raising the maximum price in the past resulted in an increase in product selection and quality, it's reasonable to assume the same result now, rather than just an excuse for a cash grab.
4. Product prices and shipping costs are rising around the world. Look at AliExpress pricing of similar products over the past year or two.
5. Dollarama is a for-profit business. They have to raise prices on some items in response to 4. just like everyone else.

If that's still too hard to understand, please ask and I'll try to dumb it down even further.
Have you noticed an increase in quality since the price change though? To me it looks like all the same stuff just higher priced... What does dollarama have now that is higher priced - AND- higher quality?

BTW goddamnit no socks available! The only reason I bought dollarama socks is I thought it would be easy to match future pairs. Rrrrrrrr! Lion Face
Apr 17, 2015
999 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I would.. if they sold pet boots by the case.. it's hard to find in a store with a variety of sizes.
Aug 2, 2014
915 posts
1205 upvotes
Vancity
bylo wrote: Instead of wasting time creating mocking graphics, try to spend a moment to consider economic reality. In an effort to help I'll try to spell it out in simpler terms.

Found a Dollarama shareholder.

Seriously though, get a life.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Last year we bought this between 3 of us.

https://www.dollarama.com/en-CA/p-mason ... pk/0301940

We bought them online because they were impossible to find in store anymore.

We usually bought them Dollarama because they are cheaper than everywhere else.

We paid $10 shipping but we still saved at the end no matter what :)

We might order another case since they don't go bad and there's free shipping.

Thanks op
Apr 14, 2017
750 posts
717 upvotes

You can start talking dollarama quality when they start accepting returns.
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes

Dollar tree is still $1.25 or less for everything, and often have better selection of their liquidation products than dollarama. So yes, it's a cash grab. Everything that's $4 now will just move up to $5, with zero increase in quality
Nov 7, 2011
290 posts
336 upvotes
AGASSIZ
Flat rate area only for free shipping, I am about 70km out of Vancouver in the fraser valley and I dont qualify as a recognized free shipping zone.
This is of course is a bit bogus as no other business has ever penalized me for the area I live in.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
Dunno why everyone’s bitching about quality. $4 $2 it’s expected for the price.

On the other hand you can buy same junk at Canadian tire for $20 but have 75% off and match dollarama price and you might think it’s better quality cuz it’s on sale or it’s “branded”

Now a days peolle are cheap and just want the cheapest price but bitch about quality. If it were more expensive made in Canada they would bitch too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)