Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

GE LED Bulbs 11 watts (60 watts replacement) - $3 - KW

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2015 2:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2004
1027 posts
464 upvotes

[Dollarama] GE LED Bulbs 11 watts (60 watts replacement) - $3 - KW

Saw this at Kitchener-Waterloo boardwalk (sold out in KW boardwalk now...)
11w
800 lumens
dimmable

No energy star logo on package

* Searched RFD and didn't find this posted
* Added as much info to the title
* If I made a mistake please be nice!!! :lol:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/csY0FQ1.jpg[/IMG]
55 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4668 posts
1495 upvotes
Thanks. They had those a few months back but stopped selling them when the last batch of Ontario coupons expired. They are great bulbs, I prefer them to the Luminus I got from Costco.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
Are these energy star certified? If so, free bulbs (in Ontario)?
Dec 7, 2012
895 posts
639 upvotes
Ontario
wearysky wrote: Are these energy star certified? If so, free bulbs (in Ontario)?
Unless they changed the policy, I don't think you can use coupons at dollarama. Not a bad deal regardless but I wouldn't run out to replace working 13w CFLs.
Only 73 lumens per watt means it's less efficient than some fluorescents.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2004
1027 posts
464 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Are these energy star certified? If so, free bulbs (in Ontario)?
I will check when I get home to see if there is the energy star logo, but I don't remember seeing it...
vanpatrick81 wrote: what's the temperature? 2700, 3000 or 5000?
I think it is the 2700 similar to this (http://www.amazon.com/GE-Lighting-33846 ... B00NOSDY1M) but I didn't see anything on the package...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
they are dimmable, but they aren't energy efficient. Not sure if I want to bite.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
igob8a wrote: Unless they changed the policy, I don't think you can use coupons at dollarama. Not a bad deal regardless but I wouldn't run out to replace working 13w CFLs.
Only 73 lumens per watt means it's less efficient than some fluorescents.
Well, even at $3 they'll do for CFL replacements in my garage (which generally don't do very well in the winter). But last year they were accepting Save On Energy coupons for LED bulbs...
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12265 posts
6058 upvotes
Decent deal if i see these ill pick a couple up.. I have a bunch of the lummins and sunbeam from costco but ill give these a try to see how they compare
Aug 27, 2014
54 posts
28 upvotes
Westmount, QC
English/Spanish packagaging, so I'm guessing none in Quebec :(
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4646 posts
2215 upvotes
Edmonton
Was just at dollarama... didnt see those. I did notice they had other GE bubs but only Candelabra LED ones.
Apr 29, 2006
522 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: they are dimmable, but they aren't energy efficient. Not sure if I want to bite.
Huh? LED bulbs are energy efficient.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
moxy wrote: Huh? LED bulbs are energy efficient.
but it doesn't have the energy star logo.

Or is the energy star logo like the heart and stroke foundation symbol where companies just pay a fee so they can place the star logo on their product.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
Dinujan wrote: but it doesn't have the energy star logo.

Or is the energy star logo like the heart and stroke foundation symbol where companies just pay a fee so they can place the star logo on their product.
That's pretty much it. These are just as efficient as any other LED bulb.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9179 posts
3220 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: they are dimmable, but they aren't energy efficient. Not sure if I want to bite.
They are energy efficient! They are simply not part of the Energy Star program which is an entirely different thing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9179 posts
3220 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: but it doesn't have the energy star logo.

Energy Star is a "U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency".

ENERGY STAR Certified Light Bulbs:
[INDENT]
  • Use about 70-90% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs
  • Last 10 to 25 times longer and saves $30 to $80 in electricity costs over its lifetime
  • Meet strict quality and efficiency standards that are tested by accredited labs and certified by a third party
  • Produce about 70-90% less heat, so it’s safer to operate and can cut energy costs associated with home cooling
[/INDENT]
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10487 posts
4007 upvotes
LOL, at some people in here. The power of a logo