Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

GE LED Bulbs 11 watts (60 watts replacement) - $3 - KW

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2015 2:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
good price! thanks Op
is it free :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3749 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
CPM440V wrote: Bulb is 2700k "soft white" and indeed too yellow for my liking. Worst part is that it makes a slight humming noise. That's $3 down the drain.
I grabbed a bunch today and I was testing them amongst different fixtures to get an idea at how the light is outputting in different rooms. I noticed that these bulbs would sometimes buzz or hum in one type of fixture, but would make no noise in another. Before tossing them away, try another location. It could be that particular fixture that makes noise may need another brand.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
Every dollarama I checked in Montreal is out :(
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Any left in TO??
is it free :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a couple of these today. There is indeed a faint humming/buzzing coming out of these depending on the quality of the socket, tested numerous types all have various levels of noise, harder to notice on some however, I believe this is probably the reason why they appeared in Dollarama. Possibly some type of manufacturing defect?

Pic I took of front and back of one of the bulbs.

There were a few left at Keele/Finch location, not sure if I would recommend them.
Nov 13, 2008
416 posts
32 upvotes
These were also cleared out from Walmart not long ago.
The Cree bulbs from HomeDepot are $7.10 before $5 coupon, so if in Ontario thats are better option.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3749 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
zentro wrote: Picked up a couple of these today. There is indeed a faint humming/buzzing coming out of these depending on the quality of the socket, tested numerous types all have various levels of noise, harder to notice on some however, I believe this is probably the reason why they appeared in Dollarama. Possibly some type of manufacturing defect?

There were a few left at Keele/Finch location, not sure if I would recommend them.
Same packaging here in Calgary. Pretty happy for the price. The buzzing is noticeable if you try to hear for it, but the locations these bulbs are replacing generally have higher ambient noise anyway, so the buzzing would get drowned out. Even my Philips LED bulbs buzz a bit, and those were about 5x what I paid for these GEs. Surprisingly, the Ledare bulbs from IKEA have no noise at all. And those were my budget choice before these GEs became available.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
I couldn't find these in our local Dollarama. The only ones they had were for ceiling fans and the candle type. I grabbed a couple of them just to test them out.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: I couldn't find these in our local Dollarama. The only ones they had were for ceiling fans and the candle type. I grabbed a couple of them just to test them out.
Same here (Edmonton). I didn't purchase doe. How did it work out for you
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Mar 24, 2015
433 posts
305 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ZipSpeed wrote: Same packaging here in Calgary. Pretty happy for the price. The buzzing is noticeable if you try to hear for it, but the locations these bulbs are replacing generally have higher ambient noise anyway, so the buzzing would get drowned out. Even my Philips LED bulbs buzz a bit, and those were about 5x what I paid for these GEs. Surprisingly, the Ledare bulbs from IKEA have no noise at all. And those were my budget choice before these GEs became available.
I bought the Philips as well, it also buzzes and yeah, 15 bucks I paid.

Turn the TV up. :)
Mar 3, 2013
76 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
I hunted down a bunch of these. Got one with something broken inside as I can hear something rattle. Does any one know if dollarama will exchange it or is it final sale?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
heiyuu wrote: I hunted down a bunch of these. Got one with something broken inside as I can hear something rattle. Does any one know if dollarama will exchange it or is it final sale?
YMMV, I think. They have a no return policy in general, but may be sympathetic to you if it's broken.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
FalconR wrote: Same here (Edmonton). I didn't purchase doe. How did it work out for you
I tested one out this morning. It worked all right and it didn't hum like some people said. But of course these are low wattage (2.6), probably equivalent to 25 w in the traditional incandescent bulbs, so they're not very bright. Also, these are not dimmable.
Mar 3, 2013
76 posts
48 upvotes
Winnipeg
wearysky wrote: YMMV, I think. They have a no return policy in general, but may be sympathetic to you if it's broken.
I found another batch of 8 at the Jefferson store but they wouldnt exchange it cuz I had a receipt from a different store. I bought 5 more from their store and the clerk used that receipt with their address to exchange my rattling bulb. Weirdess transaction ever.

There's 2 left at jefferson if anyone is wondering.
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone see these in greater Vancouver?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)