7 posts
28 upvotes

[Dollarama] GLOBE - LED Always-On USB-Port Night Light

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Came across this hidden gem. It’s a USB charger and also night light in one.

Also, located on Durham centre Dollarama (YMMV)

RONA sells it for $11.40 each

Product details and specs below:
https://www.rona.ca/en/led-always-on-us ... c4QAvD_BwE
Images
  • 14F4EFED-03B5-4616-B04B-418049079713.jpeg
101 replies
Mar 27, 2012
141 posts
108 upvotes
416 to the 905
I have had a few of these in my house for a year now.
They work great.
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***
Feb 18, 2014
417 posts
594 upvotes
huntclub wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 10:51 pm
How many Amps?
Op's photo shows 2.1 on the packaging.
Oct 3, 2016
263 posts
328 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Is it bad that I want to get a few just for the nightlight function of it? haha
Sep 28, 2018
541 posts
1103 upvotes
Thanks op, my 4 year old really appreciates the convenience of being able to both scare away bedtime monsters and charge her iPhone XS.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3026 posts
2029 upvotes
Ottawa
Meeseeks wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:43 am
Thanks op, my 4 year old really appreciates the convenience of being able to both scare away bedtime monsters and charge her iPhone XS.
I "selectively" saw the bolded in your reply Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6134 posts
1595 upvotes
Markham
You can buy for half this price for something similar on Aliexpress if you can or are willing to wait 1 to 2 months.

Before you buy it...find a outlet at Dollarama to test the "always on" because the store will not exchange defective products and Dollarama is getting more and more hit and miss. At least with Aliexpress I can get money back if it don't work.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4267 posts
1188 upvotes
chimmy wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 7:42 pm
Came across this hidden gem. It’s a USB charger and also night light in one.

Also, located on Durham centre Dollarama (YMMV)

RONA sells it for $11.40 each

Product details and specs below:
https://www.rona.ca/en/led-always-on-us ... c4QAvD_BwE
I bought this from Dollarama about 2 years ago. Not sure it's worth it tbh because it's always on and doesn't have a sensor. So I have to put it on a timer.
Dec 10, 2004
177 posts
100 upvotes
Winnipeg
If a night light is what you need, I got a bunch of these on ebay for 99 cents Canadian. They're bright and have an auto sensor to turn off during the day. These are night lights only and do not have usb charging.

Ebay Link.

YouTube Link

Last edited by Trout on Jan 5th, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2009
197 posts
48 upvotes
North York
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 11:18 am
Before you buy it...find a outlet at Dollarama to test the "always on" because the store will not exchange defective products and Dollarama is getting more and more hit and miss. At least with Aliexpress I can get money back if it don't work.
Possibly store specific on this, I had no problem exchanging a couple of defective items, one time I even got my money back. I always keep the receipt for this reason.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6134 posts
1595 upvotes
Markham
mycp wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:12 pm
Possibly store specific on this, I had no problem exchanging a couple of defective items, one time I even got my money back. I always keep the receipt for this reason.
Idea of having to go fight them is not high on my list. At one time, the receipts only said NO REFUNDS....now it says NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGE.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18925 posts
1360 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 2:21 pm
Idea of having to go fight them is not high on my list. At one time, the receipts only said NO REFUNDS....now it says NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGE.
All provinces to my knowledge have consumer protection laws that make it unlawful to refuse exchange for goods that are not functional for intended purpose on receipt. IE if you buy something at Dollarama and its broken out of the box, they legally have to exchange it, or refund if they can not.

Ontario Sale of Goods act https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90s01#BK1 :
2. Where goods are bought by description from a seller who deals in goods of that description (whether the seller is the manufacturer or not), there is an implied condition that the goods will be of merchantable quality, but if the buyer has examined the goods, there is no implied condition as regards defects that such examination ought to have revealed.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Nov 24, 2014
330 posts
254 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
Meeseeks wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:43 am
KIDS THESE DAYS....