Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Kinetic Sand 2 lb - $4

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 7:22 pm
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Kinetic Sand 2 lb - $4

Hey guys, something new I noticed my local Dollarama (Orfus location - near Dufferin & 401 in Toronto) is selling - Kinetic Sand 2 lb boxes. This is a a great toy for kids (mine love it) that were pretty hot a couple of years ago - but are a bit of a pain to clean up as they get everywhere (ever been to the beach?!).
As my pic shows, they seem to have at least 2 different colours for sale (brown and red), but Kinetic Sand sells many different colors as well so you might get lucky w/ neon green and the like at your local $-drama.

For reference, these are currently on Amazon for ~ $17-18, but do go on sale (according to camel^3) for $15 w/ historic low of $13. All in all, a pretty good get for $4.
Enjoy! :)
Images
  • KSand.jpg
Last edited by Yzord on Jun 15th, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
68 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Which location? This is an awesome hot deal.
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote: Which location? This is an awesome hot deal.
Sorry, I forgot to add it to my post! Fixed.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
WOW, that's really a good price for the Kinetic Sand, need to shop around tomorrow.
which section they put them? thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Almost as delicious as tide pods.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
keshan wrote: WOW, that's really a good price for the Kinetic Sand, need to shop around tomorrow.
which section they put them? thanks
It was in the toy section.
Feb 22, 2009
987 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
Great fun for the kids, incredibly messy for the parents :)
Jul 17, 2007
720 posts
1541 upvotes
Milton,ON
Nice find my son loves this stuff but yes it is a pain sometimes to clean up
Your signature will appear like this in posts
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6973 posts
4954 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great find op.

To piggy back off this deal, Dollarama also now carries MORPH for $4. Which is great alternative to kinetic sand with no color transfer.

I bought all 6 colours for my niece's birthday.

Don't have a picture, but here's a link to it at Indigo

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/to ... &ikwidx=20

Ps. Her favourite gift Smiling Face With Sunglasses no big deal
Last edited by JRGUINNESS on Jun 15th, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3573 upvotes
It should be four bucks. It's sand, cornstarch, water and a tablespoon of dishsoap. Chuck in a drop of foodcoloring and you're off to the races.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: It should be four bucks. It's sand, cornstarch, water and a tablespoon of dishsoap. Chuck in a drop of foodcoloring and you're off to the races.
Yes, thus this thread.

Dollarama is increasing the purchasing power of all working classes. A beautiful thing.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote: Great find op.

To piggy back off this deal, Dollarama also now carries MORPH for $4. Which is great alternative to kinetic sand with no color transfer.
Thanks for your thoughts on Morph, but you make it sound like Kinetic Sand has color transfer. In my experience (I've had purple/pink?) I've never had any color transfer on my kids' hands or clothes.
Dec 14, 2006
871 posts
377 upvotes
I also see the flipside of this.
Huge pressure on lowering costs/prices forces companies to source overseas and reduce labor costs.
I've seen this firsthand...major Cdn company reducing staff to hit a certain metric.
Increasing shareholder value is a factor as well.
Is it worth it? Neighbors losing employment to increase the already billions in revenue.
Sorry, don't mean to derail a good deal on sand, but the comment struck me. :)
redflagdealsguy wrote: Dollarama is increasing the purchasing power of all working classes. A beautiful thing.
May 18, 2007
978 posts
1964 upvotes
Toronto
How does it smell? I bought a bunch from a dollar store (Dollar Tree I think) a couple years ago... I ended up throwing it out cause it had a very distinct chemical smell. It wasn't a strong smell, but it was enough to make me worried about letting kids put their hands in it!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
canada_dry wrote: How does it smell? I bought a bunch from a dollar store (Dollar Tree I think) a couple years ago... I ended up throwing it out cause it had a very distinct chemical smell. It wasn't a strong smell, but it was enough to make me worried about letting kids put their hands in it!
It smells like Shenzhen sand dunes, very eclectic.
Torque wrote: Sorry, don't mean to derail a good deal on sand, but the comment struck me. :)
Indeed. Truthfully, it's all the same product, and your kids will love it, if they're with it enough not to eat it.
Dec 14, 2006
871 posts
377 upvotes
I don't see how this relates to your comment and my response.
I'm not one of the people that thinks that Dollarama gets an inferior product to the rest of the market.
In this case, it's likely overstock or some kind of "opportunity" buy.
I wouldn't hesitate buying if my kids were of this age. Heck, I might get some for myself. :)
redflagdealsguy wrote: Indeed. Truthfully, it's all the same product, and your kids will love it, if they're with it enough not to eat it.
May 14, 2009
65 posts
138 upvotes
Torque wrote: I also see the flipside of this.
Huge pressure on lowering costs/prices forces companies to source overseas and reduce labor costs.
I've seen this firsthand...major Cdn company reducing staff to hit a certain metric.
Increasing shareholder value is a factor as well.
Is it worth it? Neighbors losing employment to increase the already billions in revenue.
Sorry, don't mean to derail a good deal on sand, but the comment struck me. :)
Yep the race to the bottom/erosion of the middle class is well on it's way. Will be interesting to see how the next decade goes with good manufacturing jobs disappearing, AI set to take over many jobs, etc
2019 Tesla Model 3 I'm doing my part, are you?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Folks worried about the future of the middle class are advised to listen to:

Naval Ravikant on JRE

There are few people who run more parallel to me than this man.

Back to this deal, word of advise, if you think your children have mixed any food products with this sand... throw out the entire concoction. This sand doesn't resist mold and bacterial overgrowth well.
Feb 17, 2009
585 posts
921 upvotes
vinny888 wrote: Yep the race to the bottom/erosion of the middle class is well on it's way. Will be interesting to see how the next decade goes with good manufacturing jobs disappearing, AI set to take over many jobs, etc
If people are truly concerned about the middle class and the working class, they sure don't vote like they do.

Anyone see this in Calgary?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)