Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Kinetic Sand 2 lb - $4

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 7:22 pm
Dec 14, 2006
614 posts
175 upvotes
I don't see how this relates to your comment and my response.
I'm not one of the people that thinks that Dollarama gets an inferior product to the rest of the market.
In this case, it's likely overstock or some kind of "opportunity" buy.
I wouldn't hesitate buying if my kids were of this age. Heck, I might get some for myself. :)
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 9:29 pm
Indeed. Truthfully, it's all the same product, and your kids will love it, if they're with it enough not to eat it.
May 14, 2009
30 posts
12 upvotes
Torque wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 9:18 pm
I also see the flipside of this.
Huge pressure on lowering costs/prices forces companies to source overseas and reduce labor costs.
I've seen this firsthand...major Cdn company reducing staff to hit a certain metric.
Increasing shareholder value is a factor as well.
Is it worth it? Neighbors losing employment to increase the already billions in revenue.
Sorry, don't mean to derail a good deal on sand, but the comment struck me. :)
Yep the race to the bottom/erosion of the middle class is well on it's way. Will be interesting to see how the next decade goes with good manufacturing jobs disappearing, AI set to take over many jobs, etc
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9592 posts
9743 upvotes
Folks worried about the future of the middle class are advised to listen to:

Naval Ravikant on JRE

There are few people who run more parallel to me than this man.

Back to this deal, word of advise, if you think your children have mixed any food products with this sand... throw out the entire concoction. This sand doesn't resist mold and bacterial overgrowth well.
Feb 17, 2009
250 posts
198 upvotes
vinny888 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:56 pm
Yep the race to the bottom/erosion of the middle class is well on it's way. Will be interesting to see how the next decade goes with good manufacturing jobs disappearing, AI set to take over many jobs, etc
If people are truly concerned about the middle class and the working class, they sure don't vote like they do.

Anyone see this in Calgary?
Banned
Mar 2, 2019
11 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
vinny888 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:56 pm
Like all other technologies, AI like the rest tend to displace low end repetitive jobs
Jun 2, 2011
201 posts
154 upvotes
Does every one of these Dollarama deal threads quickly spiral like this?
Mar 14, 2009
322 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
One pink, one blue, four red at Vaughan and St Clair location.

They appear to have ripped or open interior bags guess that's why the discount. But as the box says, never dries out!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4906 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Looks like a good deal on Kinetic sand
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8161 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the two best butt crackling colours as well.:)
Dec 14, 2006
614 posts
175 upvotes
I was reacting to a comment, otherwise I wouldn't have gone down that path.
It's a good discussion though. We should consider if driving costs/prices down is really a good thing.
That being said, I'm a ***** for hot deals. LOL
powderskull wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 3:18 am
Does every one of these Dollarama deal threads quickly spiral like this?
Nov 29, 2006
958 posts
249 upvotes
For people that have used this, is this a better alternative for regular sand in a sandbox?
[OP]
Jun 3, 2007
414 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
ktkn wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 1:03 am
For people that have used this, is this a better alternative for regular sand in a sandbox?
This is for indoor use only afaik, as exposure to water will screw up it's special properties (this isn't normal play sand).

Btw, Pape and Danforth had pink (I got the last one) but still has a few blue and brown ones left.