Deal Link:
Price:
$4
Savings:
85%+!!!
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Just at Dollarama Newmarket and picked up Little Live Pets Frog toy, normally $30+ price point (Walmart is selling for $44USD.)

Best part it comes with batteries!! Makes a nice gift too.

UPDATE #1: This item was part of a recall (details below) unable to confirm the sale items are affected at this time. Will update on the one I purchased asap... turns out, the batteries were the worst part :(

*BIG THANKS and credit goes to silenthunder for pointing out the recall.

From: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-al ... 6r-eng.php

Lil Frog Single Pack and Lil Frog Lily Pad toys
Product description

This recall involves the Little Live Pets Lil Frog plastic toys. They operate with four button batteries and jump. The toy frogs were sold in pink, blue and green colours.
The following products are included in the recall:
Name of the affected product SKU number Date code

Lil Frog Single Pack 28217 WS113416 to WS122516

Lil Frog Lily Pad 28218 WS112016 to WS123216

The SKU number is printed on the frog’s lower belly near its left thigh with a manufacture date code under it.

*Image added below*

Hazard identified
When the button batteries are removed from the toy frogs, the battery's cap can become a projectile and the battery's chemicals can leak, posing chemical and injury hazards.

As of February 21st 2017, Red Planet has received no report of consumer incident or injuries in Canada.

In the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, the manufacturer has received seventeen reports of the battery's cap becoming a projectile or battery chemicals leaking, including two report of injuries for eye irritation from the battery chemicals.

For some tips to help consumers choose safe toys, and to help them keep children safe when they play with toys, see the General Toy Safety Tips.

Number sold
Approximately 17,378 units of the affected products were sold in Canada at different retailers, and approximately 427,000 were sold in the United States.

Time period sold
The recalled toys were sold from August 2016 to February 2017.

Place of origin
Manufactured in China.

Companies
Manufacturer Moose Enterprise (INT) Pty

Victoria
AUSTRALIA
Distributor Red Planet Group
Lachine
Quebec
CANADA

Little Live Pet Lil Frog Single Pack (SKU: 28217)
Little Live Pet Lil Frog Lily Pad (SKU: 28218)
The SKU number is printed on the frog's lower belly near its left thigh with a manufacture date code under it.

What you should do
Consumers should immediately stop using the toy frogs, refrain from opening the battery compartment and contact Red Planet for a free replacement Little Live Pet product.

For more information, consumers may contact Pamela Mire from Red Planet by email. Consumer may also visit the manufacturer's website and click on Product Safety tab on top of the webpage for more information.
Consumers may view the release by the US CPSC on the Commission's website.

Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.

Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.

This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website. You can visit this site for more information on other international consumer product recalls.

UPDATE #2:
Mine is stamped 28218 WS 120416 and is actually part of the recall and will be contacting the company for a replacement as suggested.

I'm going to contact the store and notify them of the recall status of the toy. Would hate to learn somebody got hurt from this thing. Thanks again to silenthunder for the heads up!!
Images
  • Screenshot_20170913-013615.jpg
  • 8602fe0a-2272-4890-963d-ddfee1154026_1.39409b6d0a997708b5d37257d87b12c3.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20170913-081334.png
Last edited by Qwazy01 on Sep 12th, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Thread Summary
***This toy is now confirmed to be part of a recall***
12 replies
Jun 8, 2007
251 posts
318 upvotes
Langley
The title threw me off. I thought Dollarama was selling live animals, now.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1815 posts
390 upvotes
Gatineau
at 5-7 if their eating batteries they might as well go for it.
---
TIL that having your twitter/steam information as a signature is self promotion now lol.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
39646 posts
9011 upvotes
This is to mechanical engineer as live frog is to biologist.
Jun 13, 2010
896 posts
370 upvotes
Qwazy01 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:32 pm
Just at Dollarama Newmarket and picked up Little Live Pets Frog toy, normally $30+ price point (Walmart is selling gor $44USD.)

Best part it comes with batteries!! Makes a nice gift too.
It's a third party seller not Walmart that's selling it for the inflated price. Another seller on Walmart has it for $28.99. Still a good deal if it's not recalled.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2296 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
silenthunder wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:06 pm
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-al ... 6r-eng.php

er.... is it the same?
What you should do
Consumers should immediately stop using the toy frogs, refrain from opening the battery compartment and contact Red Planet for a free replacement Little Live Pet product.

I get one at Dollarama and take the free replacement from manufacturer....might even get a better toy. My kids love thier LLP turtle and hedgehog.
Mar 12, 2016
701 posts
105 upvotes
They have this toys? I haven't seen it before. I bought a live pets mouse at Walmart. Pretty expensive.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2015
138 posts
87 upvotes
silenthunder wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:06 pm
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-al ... 6r-eng.php

er.... is it the same?
Sorry folks, I did not expect or see the recall for this when I did a quick search for the toy. It is the same toy.

I'd be surprised if they were included in the recall, but not worth the risk. Will be checking if mine was included and will update here fyi.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2015
138 posts
87 upvotes
Prestox wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:07 pm
The title threw me off. I thought Dollarama was selling live animals, now.
Thanks for the feedback. Title and post has been updated.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2015
138 posts
87 upvotes
malcom1666 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:29 pm
They have this toys? I haven't seen it before. I bought a live pets mouse at Walmart. Pretty expensive.
Yep.. I only saw the Lil Frog there though. There were about 5 on the shelf. My expert toy finder was quick to inform me that this toy was expensive like you mention, and sold at Walmart.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2015
138 posts
87 upvotes
Updated OP to include confirmation of the recall of my Lil Frog with picture.