Madesmart Lidware Collapsible Food Storage Containers - $4

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2021 6:06 pm
[OP]
Feb 17, 2009
543 posts
819 upvotes

[Dollarama] Madesmart Lidware Collapsible Food Storage Containers - $4

Found this at the Calgary Beacon Hill location (the old one, not the new one they added just a few hundred meters away to the southeast). Amazon sells the identical item for $19.

madesmart Lidware Collapsible Food Storage - Fridge & Pantry Collection Airtight, Food Safe, Collapsible, Dry-Erase Space for Labeling, Small Deep - Holds 2.17 Cups
Images
  • IMG_20211104_204457_6.jpg
8 replies
Sep 15, 2019
466 posts
1163 upvotes
orleans
Will these hold pretzels? Or no? Need to know before I buy them.

Thanks.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
[OP]
Feb 17, 2009
543 posts
819 upvotes
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: Will these hold pretzels? Or no? Need to know before I buy them.

Thanks.
I don't see why not. I've already used them tonight and they are not kidding about the container being air tight. I'm not sure my little kids will have the strength to pull open the air-tight lid so may not be a good idea to store their after-school snacks in them but should be ok for adults.
Jun 16, 2019
858 posts
2873 upvotes
west as
Saw these yesterday and snapped a photo to post. The lid is definitely toight.

I didn't get a photo but the label explicitly said these are not designed for pretzels of any kind.
Images
  • 20211103_144452.jpg
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32852 upvotes
Scarborough
Krrrong wrote: I didn't get a photo but the label explicitly said these are not designed for pretzels of any kind.
Honestly, I was surprised to see it too.

Untitled (5).png
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Dec 7, 2003
879 posts
123 upvotes
These things are tiny. They are about an inch thick, if that.
Sep 21, 2020
32 posts
96 upvotes
Got some in Edmonton. 2 cup size. Decent for kids stuff and leftovers. Thx OP
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7490 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
Will these hold butterfingers?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5270 posts
2961 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Krrrong wrote: Saw these yesterday and snapped a photo to post. The lid is definitely toight.

I didn't get a photo but the label explicitly said these are not designed for pretzels of any kind.
TomRFD wrote: Honestly, I was surprised to see it too.

Untitled (5).png
Those are the old ones that would spontaneously combust if any pretzels were inserted into them, salted or unsalted. The new ones still cannot take twisted pretzels, but the advanced polymer design improvements can accommodate pretzel sticks as seen in the picture below. I reached out to the folks at Madesmart for an explanation as to why sticks are OK but twists are not, and apparently it has something to do with the disruption of the quantum flux in the space/time continuum. It was all Greek to me, but it sounded legit. You can backtrace it with the cyber police yourself if you don't believe me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)