Ongoing Deal Discussion

Dollarama

Marvel, DC, Classics comics / graphic novels $̶4̶.̶0̶0̶. Now $5.00!

Feb 23, 2020
652 posts
779 upvotes
risingstar67 wrote: Picked these up over the weekend. Plugged some holes from series I bought from D over the years. Funny how these missing volumes can pop up months to even years later.

The Neal Adams HC was a pleasant surprise.
Hey, I just saw 'Captain America in Dimension Z Vol 2' at Dollarama the other day!

I looked at it and then thought, "What am I going to do with Vol 2 without Vol 1?" and passed on it.

Perhaps with the knowledge of Vol 2 in the pipeline I should rethink passing on it ...
May 31, 2022
182 posts
222 upvotes
Habs Nation
WesleyM13933 wrote: Hey, I just saw 'Captain America in Dimension Z Vol 2' at Dollarama the other day!

I looked at it and then thought, "What am I going to do with Vol 2 without Vol 1?" and passed on it.

Perhaps with the knowledge of Vol 2 in the pipeline I should rethink passing on it ...
I will be on the lookout for Vol2!
Feb 23, 2020
652 posts
779 upvotes
risingstar67 wrote: I will be on the lookout for Vol2!
I went back to that store this morning after going to 2 that were closer (anywhere else have Dollaramas that now open at 7am?) and it was still there.

I saw that Capt. America ‘Loose Nuke’ was Vol 3 so I grabbed that as well. When I get Vol 1 I’ll start reading.

Grabbed 2 others that I’d gotten some from the series previously (like 2 years ago).

I noticed on the back of the soft covers, they were priced at $4 but had $5 stickers placed over 2 of them.

Perhaps Dollarama got these books months ago and have been sitting on them in their warehouse.

Not wanting to over-inundate the shelves, spread stock types out over time so there’s not a glut on the shelves, ensure shelf adequate shelf space, wait until the $5 pricing comes into effect to get more profit - there’s a number of reasons to time out the distribution.
Images
  • 5AD02C69-D124-491E-ABB7-F1416AA7DB15.jpeg
Aug 7, 2022
99 posts
89 upvotes
In Montreal Checked out the Dollaramas on St Jean Blvd, the marche, sources blvd strip mall and galleries des sources. St Jean and sources had new stock but nothing that I didn’t see anywhere else last week except for a Batman death and the maidens hardcover at st Jean
Aug 7, 2022
99 posts
89 upvotes
In Montreal Checked out the Dollaramas on St Jean Blvd, the marche, sources blvd strip mall and galleries des sources. St Jean and sources had new stock but nothing that I didn’t see anywhere else last week except for a Batman death and the maidens hardcover at st Jean
Dec 3, 2020
368 posts
262 upvotes
WesleyM13933 wrote: I went back to that store this morning after going to 2 that were closer (anywhere else have Dollaramas that now open at 7am?) and it was still there.

I saw that Capt. America ‘Loose Nuke’ was Vol 3 so I grabbed that as well. When I get Vol 1 I’ll start reading.

Grabbed 2 others that I’d gotten some from the series previously (like 2 years ago).

I noticed on the back of the soft covers, they were priced at $4 but had $5 stickers placed over 2 of them.

Perhaps Dollarama got these books months ago and have been sitting on them in their warehouse.

Not wanting to over-inundate the shelves, spread stock types out over time so there’s not a glut on the shelves, ensure shelf adequate shelf space, wait until the $5 pricing comes into effect to get more profit - there’s a number of reasons to time out the distribution.
I went and looked at red flag posts from 2019 and a lot of the marvels that are hitting us now are the same ones that got posted then so you may be right these have been sitting in their warehouse along
Feb 23, 2020
652 posts
779 upvotes
RobertC8684 wrote: I went and looked at red flag posts from 2019 and a lot of the marvels that are hitting us now are the same ones that got posted then so you may be right these have been sitting in their warehouse along
I did a search too and was surprised how many repeat Marvel titles there are!
Sep 1, 2022
81 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
There was a batch of new books released in Mississauga. Two Thor books by Jurgens, Thor For Asgard, Batman Black and White Volume 4, Batman Death and the Maidens and others.
Apr 8, 2022
94 posts
174 upvotes
Pretty much all the stores in Ottawa had received the new book shipment others have been posting about. Some stores had been picked through more than others.
I have attached a picture of what i found that interested me. I skipped on a lot of thin marvel books and all the books rang up at $5.00.
Images
  • 20221124_174544.jpg
Dec 3, 2020
368 posts
262 upvotes
Between 4 stores we got almost 50 different titles that had not been in town before only 3 or 4 DC plus probably another 15 that have done the rounds a number of times those were DC did anybody else get so much in theirarea
Sep 7, 2010
166 posts
202 upvotes
Nothing new yet in Cloverdale, Burnaby, Big Bend suburbs of Vancouver, BC for last 3 weeks except Minecraft book.
Images
  • 20221124_140717.jpg
Feb 5, 2015
29 posts
66 upvotes
Montr
Personally I'm thrilled to see some of the 2019 stuff coming back around because I only found this thread in August of this year :) So many good books that I hope to have an opportunity to grab if I see them in Montreal!
Sep 1, 2022
81 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Here is a pic of my recent purchases around Brampton and Mississauga in Ontario.
Images
  • Screenshot_20221126-140833.png
Dec 3, 2020
368 posts
262 upvotes
Is that star trek part of a fresh drop ? Like I said earlier we got a massive amount of stuff but no new trek so I wonder if only areas near the large urban centres will get them the same thing as eaglemoss
Jul 13, 2011
409 posts
81 upvotes
Windsor
I picked up two copies of volume 1 today.

Jackson square Hamilton
Sep 1, 2022
81 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Nope. These were all older Star Trek drops that have been lingering in my area. Finally decided to pick up a few.
Nov 5, 2019
385 posts
310 upvotes
Damn… I want that Plasticman archive book. Saw it here in several drops but never found it in the stores I frequent even though I came across most of the other stuff in the same drops…
Apr 8, 2022
94 posts
174 upvotes
ammoor88 wrote: Damn… I want that Plasticman archive book. Saw it here in several drops but never found it in the stores I frequent even though I came across most of the other stuff in the same drops…
The Plastic Man i got is the only one i have ever seen. Have you read Plastic Man? If so whats it like?
Nov 5, 2019
385 posts
310 upvotes
Hollow212 wrote: The Plastic Man i got is the only one i have ever seen. Have you read Plastic Man? If so whats it like?
No, I haven’t, it just looks like it’d be a fun read.
TechBits wrote: Found all these in Hanover today
Nice!! 3 archives in one buy, good on you!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)